VW Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4317 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
finished oil pressure sender that pissed me off dearly a few days back and made a pigtail for the wire to reconnect the sensor properly... instead of being routed to the negative terminal on the battery

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Preppin' the old civic to get ready for sale. F*in hate sellin' cars!!! Gonna head down to parts store a little later to find the smallest bulb I've ever seen to replace the old one in the most inconvenient spot I've ever worked with to try and get the a/c display in the GTI back up and running.

VRT that hood is lookin' mighty nice man and the bumper just sweetens the pot. Guess I'll be breakin' into that shortly.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
so are we supposed to post what we do everyday or only when we do something. cause i drove mine to school, changed a coolant hose, fuel pump relay, thought about washing her but didnt wanna expend the energy

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
took the car cover off and stared at the engine for about an hour trying to figure out where to put my power steering resivouir and thinkin how imma hide some of the vac lines and some coolant lines. other than that started her up probably for the last time in a long while let her run for about 30 min to get it up to operating temp. then shut her down and removed the intake manifold and the valve cover to begin polishing them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
so are we supposed to post what we do everyday or only when we do something. cause i drove mine to school, changed a coolant hose, fuel pump relay, thought about washing her but didnt wanna expend the energy
Yeah just whatever ya did, it's nice to get the respect and props you deserve even if it's the little things we do to keep our cars in tip shape. Hell if you can't get here where can you get it. Not sure driving to school is a big thing, but more power to ya.:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
started the car.. shot some nice puffs of blue smoke and let some oil drip out the exhaust.. pulled it into the garage..
doing rear brakes / pads / rotors now.. and painting rear calipers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
05 what's up with the car man, sounds like that piece is a fuse away from bein' up on blocks.

·
4,054 Posts
started the car.. shot some nice puffs of blue smoke and let some oil drip out the exhaust.. pulled it into the garage..
doing rear brakes / pads / rotors now.. and painting rear calipers.
Any tips for me on painting calipers?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Drove home from work, drove to parents, worked on skid plate some more. Just have to cut it out and drill hole to bolt it in. Drove back home. Sshh, she's sleeping.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Drove her to school, cleaned up my engine bay. Shampooed all carpet and cleaned all my leather. Waxed the outside

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
05 what's up with the car man, sounds like that piece is a fuse away from bein' up on blocks.
i am turning this..... my stock 1.8t

into this..... props to don thurston and his 400whp jetta hes running the same setup im intending to run.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Nice!!!! When the money comes in I'm doin' up a separate motor, still learnin' the ins and outs of euro motors.

I'm a DJ I work weekends make more money than most do in 2 weeks and have nothin' but time with my new ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
moved to the exterior for a change and gave the car a good wash, adjusted the stance on the suspension and re-fitted the bumpers correctly. Anybody live in the Atlanta area and know where I can find parts, I need a new hood and bumpers bad.

·
Registered
335 Posts
seafoam the intake, changed oil, and changed the plugs. thinking im going to remove unnecessary vac. lines and reroute a few things this weekend

21 - 40 of 4317 Posts