VW Forum banner

What did you do to your VW today?

1M views 4K replies 156 participants last post by  markdonto 
#1 ·
Saw a similar thread on the vortex and thought it might work on this one as well. We're all puttin' in the hours to make our rides clean and fast and after a day's work if nothin' to show for it just post it up and let us see whatcha got goin' on. No better way to get those well deserved props than to discuss with fellow enthusiasts.

#2 ·
Wuddup Fellas,
To start it off, today I'm takin another crack at guttin' the interior to redo all the wiring including everything from the lights to the stereo system. A monkey could have done a better job at this than the previous owner, but I guess that would've taken all the from out of it for me.

#4 ·
you gotta love when people try doing something on there own then they screw up, then they hand it off to someone else lol at least we can tell you care about your dub good luck getting all ur lights back on

#17 ·
sat inside and watched my car with a car cover get rained on and was mad that i couldnt work on it today:(

yesterday i found a place where i can get an engine stand and a welder for about 300 for both and its a mig welder no shitty arc welding crapola

on another side note finished tucking the injector wires pretty much all u see is the wires goin to the injecters then they go down into the rail and dissapear ! like magic :)

lets see 5 days ago i started my project by removing the front bumper cover the front bumper rad support radiator condenser ... pretty much everything out of the front so i can pull the motor out the front instead of out the top or down the bottom.

more to come :K:

p.s. my camera is broke ill have to buy a new one so u guys can see my progress.

#22 ·
Preppin' the old civic to get ready for sale. F*in hate sellin' cars!!! Gonna head down to parts store a little later to find the smallest bulb I've ever seen to replace the old one in the most inconvenient spot I've ever worked with to try and get the a/c display in the GTI back up and running.

VRT that hood is lookin' mighty nice man and the bumper just sweetens the pot. Guess I'll be breakin' into that shortly.

#26 ·
Yeah just whatever ya did, it's nice to get the respect and props you deserve even if it's the little things we do to keep our cars in tip shape. Hell if you can't get here where can you get it. Not sure driving to school is a big thing, but more power to ya.:cool:

#25 ·
took the car cover off and stared at the engine for about an hour trying to figure out where to put my power steering resivouir and thinkin how imma hide some of the vac lines and some coolant lines. other than that started her up probably for the last time in a long while let her run for about 30 min to get it up to operating temp. then shut her down and removed the intake manifold and the valve cover to begin polishing them.

#34 ·
Drove her to school, cleaned up my engine bay. Shampooed all carpet and cleaned all my leather. Waxed the outside