VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info and advice from you guys. I have my mind set on one of these cars...

99-01 Jetta VR6 or 1.8T
99-01 GTI VR6 or 1.8T

My wallet can prob only afford the 99, but possibly some newer although I know no major changes came out until 02 anyway. I was wondering if you could tell me what a stock Jetta VR6 5 spd would run? Also, out of the bunch what would be the fastest version? What would you recommend. For mods on this car I am never going to do more then an intake, exhaust, pulleys, and a chip. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well if those are the only mods your going to do, then go with the VR6 if you look at 99-00. The 1.8t for those years only had 150hp whereas the VR6 has 176hp. I think time wise, you'll be running around 7 sec for 0-60.
jon

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm going to disagree with jon.

I say, if those are the only mod's your going to do, go with a 1.8T. Yes, those years are only 150 hp, but if you get a chip, then it doesn't matter which version you have (the 150 or the 180) because the ECU is really the only major change they made. But then again, I'm alittle bias towards the 1.8T.

P.S. jon is still da man though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there anyway way I can get any of those cars in the 14s with the mods I listed?

Also, I am still looking for quarter mile times if anybody has ran theirs at the track. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLSwan:
Is there anyway way I can get any of those cars in the 14s with the mods I listed?

Also, I am still looking for quarter mile times if anybody has ran theirs at the track. Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could probably get it into the 14's with those mods plus the interior stripped down lighter wheels w/slicks & a killer reaction time.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Key phrase is reaction time.

Besides your mod list totally depends on which products you choose anyway.
Supersprint Exaust or Stainless Steel Walmart Exhaust could mean 0.5 second right there.

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
Stainless Steel Walmart Exhaust...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have stainless exhaust at Wally World!?!?!?!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V33dub_GTI:
They have stainless exhaust at Wally World!?!?!?!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think so. They do have a auto dept. don't they?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hey John, the 180HP came with a chip reprogramming and a change in exhaust as well. Just so you know

and knowing is half the battle--YO JOE!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I think i use to have every single GI Joe that's in the picture. Oh the memories!!
jon

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, that is a early promotional for the show. Most notible missing
uke. I also cant believe they left out rock and roll, leatherneck, and spirit. those three were in the comics from the first season.

·
Registered
9 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
[QB]Key phrase is reaction time.

QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually reaction time has nothing to do with your et. i can sit at the light for an hour if i want and still make a 10sec run. the only time rt REALLY comes into play is in heads up racing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts