VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a golf gl....had to replace the lifters in it so i did a cam too every thing was runnin like a champ.....i did a 270 degree autotech cam.

the issue that i have now is i have a ticking...not the same as the lifters...it is when i accelerate.....it is not really there when it is at idle, mostly when i give it gas. there is a spot when i am goin down the high way that it is fine....it is the point when you i am keeping the same speed. if i speed up...it does it. it also hesitates a little, especially when its cold.

it lost some low end acceleration....but i expected a little of that.........i just changed the plugs and wires..it helped a little........i am gonna take it back to the shop to have him look at it.

if you guys have any ideas...shoot me a reply
Thanks,
Trevor

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Sounds like it's knocking. Check the ignition timing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could it be from the cam not being degreed in?

·
Registered
394 Posts
when it does the noise,it could be like he said,knocking,or else,search for downpipe,exaust line crackes...mine had that,and before i found that problem,i was mad!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot......i'll take a look at it this weekend........and i wanted see it it was something that i might not have thought of, and i didnt think of the manifold

thanks,
Trevor

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
What gas do you use. I had the same sort of a noise and it was pinging due to cheap gas. Used premium and it went away. A long shot but just an idea.

G

·
0 Posts
more then likely it's the exaust manifold i had the same problem with my GTI...there one piece on that but it could have cracked...also check the timeing it could be off...but sounds more like a manifold problem..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have been using 92 or 93 in the golf.....it is the highest available around here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts