VW Forum banner

what injectors can i use to upgrade?

48K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Plankster 
#1 ·
i have the 1.8t, my car is already chipped and i have a forge dv. what kind of injectors can i upgrade to? i saw a couple of audi's at the pic n pull...

#2 ·
after u hav the intake exhaust chip dv n75 valve thats when u should think bout k04 upgrade ull get more power and better results than trying to build up with a k03 turbo and most k04 kits come with the injectors you will need to run that setup. after the k04 i personally am planning on doin the fmic and then prob port n polish the intake mani hopefully that will get me in the upper 275 range

#3 ·
Yeah...upper 275 my ass...K04 upgrade adds about 9 hp overall...

You aren't maxing out the injectors on a chip tune however if you go with a K04 setup usually you upgrade to the Audi TT (225hp version) injectors (330CC since I last looked) as well as usually a larger MAF and a different chip tune. K04 = waste of good money though.

#4 ·
yea the chip i have is a giac chip. i also have a boost gauge and a eurojet front mount. i didnt plan on buying a k04, instead i was going to buy a performance rebuild kit for the stock turbo. i just want bigger injectors so i can boost it higher without the lag. i got the car pushing 17psi and it was quick, but it had lag, so i turned it down to 12psi. its alot slower @ 12psi but i think if i upgrade my injectors, i can boost it up higher.

#5 ·
Ummm...no the efficiency range for a K03s is 15-17 PSI and bigger injectors won't allow a quicker spool. You need a bigger exhaust possibly and a silicone turbo inlet hose also helps a lot. A performance rebuild for a k03 is about as effective as setting a brick on your dashboard.

#8 ·
i have a 2.5" exhaust, but only have a 2.25" down pipe, so i know i need to upgrade that. so i should look for a broken k04 to rebuild? my dv is the adjustable forge, i think it is the 007, but im not sure. so far this is what i have: euro jet street front mount intercooler, forge dv, k&n cai, giac chip, bilstien adjustable coilovers, boost gauge, 2.5" exhaust. i plan on putting a stage 2 cluthmaster clutch and lightweight flywheel set and a bigger down pipe next. what should i upgrade next? would a aftermarket turbo manifold make a difference? i really want to be able to boost it higher without the lag. the only reason i thought to get bigger injectors is because everybody i know has turbo hondas with dsm injectors, and they told me i need to upgrade the fuel system.

#9 ·
everybody i know has turbo hondas
well theres your problem right there

depending on the quality, an aftermarket manifold will allow you to boost a little higher. all repends on the flow rate...

upgrading your manifold opens the door to a different turbo:D

#10 ·
Does that car you own have a Honda logo or DSM logo anywhere on it? No? I hope not...but assuming it doesn't...you probably should not be listening to people who bought their ebay kit off a honda. Explain to me in terms of physics or science how upgrading injectors on a motronic 7 (i think its 7) fuel map system is going to help your turbo spool faster. Also how the fuck do you think a turbo is going to spool up quicker to a higher PSI than a lower PSI? That makes no sense, that's like saying I can count to 10 quicker than I can count to 5. As far as turbo lag goes...turbo lag? WTF?! Your turbo is essentially the size of my ballsac, it can spool up completely if you blow into with your mouth for christs sake (obvious exaggeration but hopefully the point has hit home by now). If you want to see more power out of your car at the amount I think you want your best bet is to get a large turbo kit but that's upwards of 3knot counting install...you should probably leave it at your bolt on mods and that's it.

#11 ·
was that....god?
i love reading your post's ttturbo. always such a treat:K:

#12 ·
i guess there aint shit i can do to make this car faster it looks like, besides a clutch and a bigger down pipe. my built n/a rx7 would walk on this 1.8t (i know because i raced a few of them). if i had 3 grand laying around i would put a sr20det in my 210 and be happy, and use the jetta for a daily. but since i dont, any help on making this thing quicker would be great.

#22 · (Edited)
your n/a rx7 could beat these ROFL. your funny, ive owned a rx7. Had a street ported with I/H/E on a FC and they would Bearly beat these things in stock form. The N/A rx7's are a joke when it comes to power and torque. Which is why i swaped in a 13bt. Now that on the other hand would smoke the hell out of these cars stock for stock. But thats a diffrent story. I love rotaries as much as the next guy but dont over exaggerate what the N/A's can do fully built your lucky if you can net 200RWHP and still be able to actuly drive the thing on the street without nitrous(which is cheating IMO). The rotary engine is a very simple engine compared to a piston engine. Can we say 3 moving parts :). Just to rebuild one can be done in 4 or 5 hours. Your not impressing anyone when it comes to your "knowledge" of rotaries, especially someone thats owned them before.

#13 ·
Then buy a fucking RX7 and "cruise the strip" with your cool honda buddies. Honestly any motor can "walk" any motor with enough work, Euro's are just typically done with reliability and drivability in mind so turbo kits tend to be more expensive. If you want to replace connecting rods and shit in a couple months then by all means find some jank ass turbo to throw on the car and have at it, I don't give a shit waht you do.

As far as how to make it faster, use the search function. Tool.

#14 ·
Also how is a clutch going to make your car faster? Hardly at all. It really sounds like you have no idea how a car works much less forced induction, I'm doubting you have a "built" anything whether it's a car or a Lego Star Wars "X-Wing".

#15 ·
a clutch wont make it faster, but it will pull harder from a jump. and as far as building something, i mastered the rotory motor, (a real motor) and rx7 club walked me thru my build, all your making me wanna do is sell this built in mexico peice of shit. none the less, the jetta is a nice car, i will continue to drive it, finish the last few bolt ons i got left. after that i will save up for my sr20det 210 build. thank you to the people who support the cause and potentially helped.

#17 ·
I've helped probably over a couple hundred people asking the same questions as you are and they're all over this forum, learn to use search. Mastered the rotary engine yay...that's certainly universal to a bunch of car manufacturers...:rolleyes: A "real" motor just because you know how to work on it? So what is every other motor ever made? A hunk of cast iron shit that would better be placed in a junkyard? There are plenty of engines out there some better and some worse than a rotary motor, don't be so quick to flex nuts because it's the only thing you know about.

The only reason your Jetta was "built in mexico" was to preserve a decent price point for us cheap as fuck Americans (same reason a lot of the nicer VW/Audi models never made it across the pond) but still retain a luxury interior euro feel and keep the sporty feel associated with german engineering. Go to Germany and drive a made in Germany car and see how you feel. JDM fucking sucks the big one for any kind of interior quality, they're purpose built and sloppy. I don't give two shakes of a bulls dick if you think your "rotary build" is faster than my car, because I care less about how fast I can go cruising with my Honda turd burglar buddies in comparison to how important comfort and quality is.

#18 ·
i agree with you about comfort, it is more comfortable than any jdm car i've ever owned. remember though, the rotory originaly was german engineered, and i do know about other engines, im just new to the vw scene. sorry for bashin the jetta, it is a great car, i just want to make it faster.

#20 ·
your still a tool. learn some respect, and swallow your ricer ego for two seconds

the dub community is NOTHING like the jdm bullshit. were all about keeping it clean, reliable, and sleeper...unlike most of the asian imports

not trying to be an ass but go through and read this thread over...you sound like a little kid. please listen to what others "the ones who know wtf there talking about" or GTFO. thank you

btw....fighting a MOD is never a good idea...*hits head*

#19 ·
Drove rotary for 13 years, Please explain engine building that walks a turbocharged 1.8 to me.

A 1.3L N/A rotary will need a full street port if not bridgeporting and/or nitrous to make up for the displacement and addon turbo. The 9K redline is great on a N/A rotary, but shifting less through the powerband would not allow for said walking to occur.

Please explain.

I do not really care about speed right now, I am just stylin and profilin' at the moment...

#23 ·
his life in general is a joke...

#24 ·
So I am new to the Volkswagen community and my car rn is a mk4 GLI. The owner told me it had a k04 and the engine was built and a whole load of other bullshit. Ended up having a ko3 and I could push 20lbs out of that tiny ko3. Now about a week ago I just finished replacing my engine cause of a lot of reasons but I think what this guy might have been getting at is if he used bigger injectors would it allow him to push that 17 without lag. I have a euro customs tune in my car rn and with the k03 I was holding 20lbs and now I have a ko4 and hold 12. So i ordered the Bosch "green giants". So once I get them and run them I'll answer that question if bigger injectors allow more boost without lag. Now your tune or chip has to allow u to push that kind of boost and u might need other supporting mods so u make it reliable. This has turned into a rambling post but some feedback would be great. I'll take any advice and criticism I can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.