VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a dumb question, but what is a Bora? I have heard that it is a special type of Jetta, but I dont know how reliable that source is. I was also wondering what separates it from the other cars(?) of its class?

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
The Bora is actually a sedan version of the Golf hatchback. This has replaced the Vento edition, normally found in Europe. It comes in 1.6/2.0/2.8 V5/1.9 TDI 115 CV and a V6 4-Motion.

That's the most detail I could find.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I thought that the Bora was just the name of the Jetta in Europe. It all started back when it was cool to have different names for the same car on diferent continents (honda/acura, toyota/lexus, datsun/nissan/infinity). I could be wrong, but thats what it looks like in the magazines too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The bora = Jetta

same car, different name

I know it cause i live in Belgium (that's next 2 germany, for the stupid ones
)

previous model of the bora was the vento

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I thought because I already knew the Golf was the hatchback version of the Jetta (or vice versa, i forget which.) Thanks for the info, it is greatly appreciated.

Synthogen

·
Registered
21 Posts
sometimes it's pretty confusing

Does anyone know why some golfs have jetta(bora)lights?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The reason some have jetta lights, and some jettas have golf lights is because the front clips are identical, so that people can swap the front ends with amazing ease. So in order to do a factory custom look, people swap front ends.

·
Registered
21 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
The reason some have jetta lights, and some jettas have golf lights is because the front clips are identical, so that people can swap the front ends with amazing ease. So in order to do a factory custom look, people swap front ends.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I mean stock !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts