VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might have asked this question before but not have gotten a clear answer. i am looking at Brock B1s and see that the 9x16 rims have an offset of et15. what is the et and what is the 15? also, to fit those rims on a 98 Jetta with just eibach prokit springs, is there anything i need to do to make them fit. wheel spacers? thanks
-bryan

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Wheel Offset: Link

Stock 98 Jetta offset is something like 45mm!?!?
Basically the higher the number, the in closer the wheel is.
B1's with a 15mm offset will poke a lot, so a stiff suspension, and rolled fenders/wdebody is an absolute must! They also make a 16x7.5 with a 25mm offset which is just pushing it for a basic 60/40 drop, and stock fenders.

So, to answer your question. Yes, they will fit, but only with a lot of fender work!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Josh, you are the man! when you say poke, exactly what do you mean by that? And i plan to upgrade to vento fenders in the spring so i can have my bodyshop guy do that. If i roll the fenders, will i still be able to attach the euro flares because they are riveted to the top lip of the fender. thanks again

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raf, thanks for your link too. And josh, I was also planning on installing H$R coilovers at the same time. Would i need to get long lug bolts as well?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
When I say poke, I mean that the wheels will stick out from the fenders, thats all. You will definetly need new lugs, and possibly spacers, both can be gotten from H&R as well. Coilovers are a good idea, it will give you the felxibility you need for the set-up. I am not 100% sure about the euro flares fitting with the rolled fenders, best to check with the shop. They might have to do some cutting of the fender lining as well, which isn't a hugh deal.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i really want the deep dish effect and the euro body molding, bumpers and flares to go along with it. for the 7.5x16, what tires should i get to give it that boulging from the rim effect like in your picture? for the 9x16, they recommended 215..i dont know. you really are a plethora of useful information, many thanks to you.
-bryan

·
Registered
466 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vento2pointO:
thanks, i really want the deep dish effect and the euro body molding, bumpers and flares to go along with it. for the 7.5x16, what tires should i get to give it that boulging from the rim effect like in your picture? for the 9x16, they recommended 215..i dont know. you really are a plethora of useful information, many thanks to you.
-bryan
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those tires look that way because the rim width is greater than the tread width, for best performance you would want them to be the same but if you want the look then jam a skinny tire on a wide rim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts