VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is that vaccum system for!?in the tube that comes out the oil breather,there is a piece of hosing that its suposed to be on the intake mainfold!
this is for what!?if i cover that vaccum line,is it bad!?
i'm thinking of polishing the inside of the mainfold,and i was thinking to block that piece that goes to the injectors line!!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Air shrouded injector hose. Leave it hooked up. It helps atomize fuel.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so its not a good idea to put a litle air filter in the oil breather and remove the tube that goes in to the air box!?that tube leaves my air box and filter all dirty!!
what do you think about me ?croming? the inside of the 50mm intake!?does that make any difrence in it!?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:
so its not a good idea to put a litle air filter in the oil breather and remove the tube that goes in to the air box!?that tube leaves my air box and filter all dirty!!
what do you think about me ?croming? the inside of the 50mm intake!?does that make any difrence in it!?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can put a filter on the breather and plug the hose to the intake... but then instead of the oil going into your airbox it will go all over the front of your engine. I did it, but only because I don't have an airbox anymore.

DO NOT chrome the inside of the intake. You wont notice any increase in power, and when the chrome starts to flake off (which it WILL DO... chrome over aluminum always corrodes and flakes off) it will go into your engine and destroy it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really!?
i would hope

but with the filter,i would still have to have the hose to the intake mainfold!?

i forgot something...and about ?sand clean? the inside!?
sand clean - a load of sand with loads of pressure so it gets nice and clean

about another thing i forgot!
about some port and polish!?that would make any performance difrence!?or just polish!?

[ November 23, 2003: Message edited by: HidRo ]

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:
about the breather filter,its that advisable or not!?i was thinking of puting a half-cylinder-type-of-thing,so the oil wouldn't fall on the engine.this would make the oil go inside again
i would hope

but with the filter,i would still have to have the hose to the intake mainfold!?

[ November 23, 2003: Message edited by: HidRo ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're talking about a breather tank. A breather tank is a nice option, but it isn't really needed. As I said, I run a filter on the block breather and a plug on the intake manifold.

As far as sand blasting, it works fine, just make sure you get EVERY little bit of sand back out of it.

And porting and polishing the intake wont give you much power, especially when you're using a 50mm intake. It's pretty big already. You can't get to enough areas of the intake to make it worth while.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so sand blasting is the way to go.
about the plug you say you use on the mainfold:can you post a pic of it!?i would understand all you say translated to a photo

sorry about the inconvinienc

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
The breather:

The plug:

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you are the man!!!

thx a load!!!
well,i'm going to do that to mine.
the plug thoes not interfier the correct functioning of the car!?
and a plug like that on the airbox can be done!?its ok!?
sorry about the question,but i'm a newbie on this!

thx a million dude!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts