VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Looks like maybe it's a kit car. Probaby something someone bought, put on a Corvette chassis with a Chevy 350. I had someone with a Lamborghini kit car once tell me it was real. The guy had about 3 teeth, ripped clothes... I could it the motor through a vent in the engine cover, it was a 350. He probably thought it was a Lamborghini too when he bought it...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I would have to say kit car as well... The tail lights give it away. It has the look of a GT car, but I guarentee that a car that would have that assumed value would have some badging on it somewhere...

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I agree on the kit car. You can just tell from the way the back of the body is. Who knows, it could be a pontiac ferrio. They did make ferrari and Lamborgini kits for them.
jon

edit: also look at where the reverse lights are. if this was a real zonda or street racer, i doubt the reverse lights would just be messed up like these are!!

[ March 12, 2003: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah i say kit car, did you take that picture? was it infront you you ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
looks like a porsche 917 probably a kit car, they only made 500 real ones for sale to the public so that they could race that car in lemans, in fact i think they didnt even meet the requirement for 500 but they raced it anyway. if its real thats a whole lota money rollin down the street.!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
It is definetly a Kit car that is trying to imitate the Porsche 917 or even the 962 (Below):

For a car from early 1980's that is one heck of a machine. Saleen is still looking up to it.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:

edit: also look at where the reverse lights are. if this was a real zonda or street racer, i doubt the reverse lights would just be messed up like these are!!

[ March 12, 2003: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"hey jethro!! we forgot those there them backem up lights. lets goto pepboys an git some!!!"

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
So, TF, do you like Seleen? Cause, as far as im concerned, he's just another "blah blah American muscle" guy. If I had to pick a racer turned tuner, I would have to go with Steve Millen.. www.stillen.com

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i dont know. i like seleen. he has made some great work! but thats IMO.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
So, TF, do you like Seleen? Cause, as far as im concerned, he's just another "blah blah American muscle" guy. If I had to pick a racer turned tuner, I would have to go with Steve Millen.. www.stillen.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Eh, its probably my absolute loathing of all things Ford, Rustang, and 5.slow in the univers that drives me to that conclusion.

Of course, after thinking it through, Enzo Ferrari would probably be the top of my list of Racers gone driver....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts