VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an exhaust that has a nice deep (non-rice) sound to it that also has a "European looking" tip. I do not have a rear lip or any body work so i am wondeing how any type of exhaust will integrate with the stock rear bumper. I dont mind paying the price for quality parts i would rather have it look good than be cheap and look mediocre. Anyone with picks of their exhaust on the same car or advice.......your posts would be greatly appreciated!!! ~Dan [email protected]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
remus exhaust is really good equality! my buddy has it on his jetta and it looks perfect and also has a great low tone sound(not rice at all).

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I had a Magnaflow Cat-Back on my GTI and it was nice. Little louder then most but not rice. I have the Thermal on my Jetta now and love it. Nice deep tone to it.
jon

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey Jon, where and how much did you get your for? I've got over $500 now ready to go into the exhaust, after this I move on to step #2!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA, my plans are coming to life!!!!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I just installed a Brullen 2.5" exhaust on mine. I love it, the car pulls much harder, and it sounds great. You can barely tell it is on the car when at an idle, but when you get on it, it is definately noticable. I actually have a friend that has one for sale right now that is identical to mine. He is selling it for $400.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Go w/supersprint, really nice but a lil on the expensive side. I got a 2.5 catback nice and deep tone not loud unless I mash on the gas and get above 3,500 rpms. Perfectly fine for everday driving. On the high way I barly notice at all.

·
Registered
252 Posts
oops forgot about he tip. Do you have the 4motion cut-out? I don't but I have the supersprint dtm tips..it is a perfect fit, unfortunatly I'm not sure if they make those dtm tips anymore but I"m sure other tips from supersprint would fit fine too. I have a gti but its the same under there anyway.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Forced Motion is one of, if not, the best exhaust for the 1.8T right now. The are actually having a sale. You can get a full 3" turbo back exhaust with a quiet muffler for $750. It's usually about $1000, so I'm hoping on that bad boy tomorrow. It sucks that I won't be able to put it on until I get back from the Mid East.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by supertom9903:
[QB]Forced Motion is one of, if not, the best exhaust for the 1.8T right now.QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, I love my FM exhaust.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the posts guys i have been all over the web looking at all of these exhausts i will post when i decide which one i actually get. For right now i am gunna wait it out and get a chip first i want my car to be a little faster before i do other things that arent AS performance oriented. Thanks again ~Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts