VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...
I was wondering what can i do to my MK4 2.0L all i did was change the badge and add a muffler. What I want to do now is add more HP what steps should I take !?
Can anyone please help me ....

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
How much are you lookin to get ?Maybe turbo or supercharger.All depends on what you want to spend .

·
Registered
235 Posts
cold air intake (aem makes a good one) or just an open air filter (neuspeed p-flow).

chip

....supercharger?
(neuspeed)

have fun and WELCOME TO THE FORUM.... vwforum that is!

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
How much money do you want to spend?

Many options are available to you. Forced induction is a viable option (Turbocharger, Supercharger), you could also go with a nitrous setup for quick, temporary horsepower when you need to smoke that Honda. Nitrous is kinda dangerous if you don't know what you are doing, though.

I guess the best way is to start out small. A Cold Air Intake would be a good start, followed by a cat-back exhaust system. For a 2.0, I would recommend a Techtonics Tuning exhaust. You could also make a Milltek fit if you are willing to spend the money on it. Lot of different systems out there that cater to different tastes, with similar performance gains. Another good bolt on is the Turn2 Lightweight crank pulley, which frees up some horsepower and allows the engine to rev a little faster.

After intake and exhaust, theres not much more to do on a naturally aspirated (read: non-turbo/supercharged) engine short of tearing it down to do porting, change to different camshafts, bigger valves, boring/stroking the motor...

If you go to forced induction, the easiest to set up on your car is the Neuspeed Supercharger. Its an easy bolt up, and gives you a good amount of horsepower on a 2.0. If you go Turbo, it depends on the kit, and how far you want to modify the engine to accept more boost.

I guess I have to ask what I asked in the beginning...how far do you want to go, and how much are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Oh man...I was typing my reply, nobody had replied yet, and then when I finished, 2 other replies beat me, all asking the same question! God damn!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply everyone !

what do you people think of this company !? would you do this to your MK4 ! whats the cheapest thing to increase HP ! Winter is coming and would like to do mods in early spring !

Where can I get a good quality Grille and for cheap !

·
Registered
500 Posts
OK, first rule of tuning. You can get good parts...You can get cheap parts....But you can't get good, cheap parts. There's no such thing. If you're not looking to spend a lot of money, you're better off doing nothing until you can afford quality stuff. But that's just my opinion...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've gotten an imitation p-flo off ebay for like 30 bucks... i honestly dont know how it compares to the real thing, its basically a cotton filter to hook up onto the intake sensor.

well i definitely got me my 30 dollars of slightly better performance and pretty engine sound. thats a starting point if ur a cheapass like me

·
Registered
830 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by supertom9903:
OK, first rule of tuning. You can get good parts...You can get cheap parts....But you can't get good, cheap parts. There's no such thing. If you're not looking to spend a lot of money, you're better off doing nothing until you can afford quality stuff. But that's just my opinion...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats so very true! The only way you can get good parts cheap is if you find someone selling parts of their car because they have spent so much on their dub they can't afford to eat

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
just swap out the engine..

but seriously you wont be able to get much power out of a 2.0 w/o dropping alot of loot.

get the usual full exhaust, intake, chip(maybe)

no i know this does not get you more HP but it does make your car faster. one of your best bets is weight reduction: carbon fiber hood, light weight racing wheels(most likely 15"), stripping the interior, getting rid of the spare tire

besides all that im not sure

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you have an extra $2500 I would get the Neuspeed Supercharger. I just got mine installed a week ago. For the money and drivability this is the best mod out there. Plus, not to mention its smog legal in all 50 states.

·
Registered
33 Posts
just from reading your posts: badge, exhaust, grill?

Let me guess you don't have much money but you wanted a nice car so you bought the 2.0? At this point the only way to get real power his a turbo which can put down 200-250 hp to the wheels for you. But it is alot of work and $$, so your better off not modding it OR trading it in towards a 1.8T.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts