VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im looking fr some ideas of what to do to my stock vw 1994 2.0L Jetta some idea woul help me thanks.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
What mods do you currently have?

Inatke (ABD Bigbore/Q-flow)
Chip (TT)
Cam (TT)
Exhaust (TT/borla)
Pulleys (Eurosport)
P&P
Golf Front
Badgeless (FK)
SS Break lines
Wheels
Coilovers/Cup-kit (FK or H&R)
Or, your 3/4 of the way to a turbo if you already have exhaust.

[ March 21, 2004: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Show car!

-Wheels
-Suspension (lowering)
-Body mods
-Stereo

Hey, I say turn the 2.0's into show machines rather than pouring tons of money into creating a mediocre performance machine.

If you don't want to go show car, I say use the cash to get into a newer GTi VR6; just my opinion...

[ March 21, 2004: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Nothing worse then a car thats all show and has NO go. Do the basic bolt ons at very least! Just my opinion also

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
[QB]Nothing worse then a car thats all show and has NO go. [QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this term originated when a honda driver attempts to make their car fast.
But I have seen a few VW's that would fit in this class.

Me, I like to have my cake and eat it too!!!

Do whatever you think would help you out the most. If your into speed, go with a turbo or supercharger. If you show, how about wheels, stereo and video, engine swap

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
If you dont feel like selling the car for something a little fast, my list would be:

-nice set-up suspension maybe coilovers
-catback exhaust
-chip
-intake
-some basic wheels with wheel spacers
-depending on the color, smoked or clear lenses

Something along those lines.

·
Registered
471 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Nothing worse then a car thats all show and has NO go.
HEY!! I resemble that remark!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brenshlus:
HEY!! I resemble that remark!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I take my comment back... Driving a Honda is worse

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5 TURBO:
I think this term originated when a honda driver attempts to make their car fast.
But I have seen a few VW's that would fit in this class.

Me, I like to have my cake and eat it too!!!

Do whatever you think would help you out the most. If your into speed, go with a turbo or supercharger. If you show, how about wheels, stereo and video, engine swap
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think this phrase came from I-6 Camaro's and Rustangs showing up all pretty at the cruises and Drag meets. At least thats where I heard it first. Used to be about 45-60 cars would show up on Friday night at the Albertsons and then go cruise around Amarillo all night just fartin around. Our "escape scenes" were always much cooler than that 2F2F scene with the warehouse.....

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazymaneb:
Hello everyone im looking fr some ideas of what to do to my stock vw 1994 2.0L Jetta some idea woul help me thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you looking to get out of the upgrades? Speed, handling, looks, sound, etc? Give us an idea of the direction you are looking for and we should be able to suggest good companies and parts. You should decide what you want to do with the car yourself.

·
Registered
736 Posts
u can get a very good turbo set up for the car......turbo the hell out of it....and do some basic bolt on like CAI and Catback....u can easy get 200whp

·
Registered
345 Posts
sell your car...and get a 1.8t..then use the 3gs for a turbo upgrade..will save another 1g up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
about my volkswagen jetta

What im looking to do is the speed proformance my car has 120000 miles on it do you think upgrading it all would be a good idea with all the miles? i got the look i want to speed like said why have a show car but with no go you do one i think you got to do the other , but i dont know much about this stuff so im asking all you guys for help thanks for everything :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Re: about my volkswagen jetta

crazymaneb said:
What im looking to do is the speed proformance my car has 120000 miles on it do you think upgrading it all would be a good idea with all the miles? i got the look i want to speed like said why have a show car but with no go you do one i think you got to do the other , but i dont know much about this stuff so im asking all you guys for help thanks for everything :D
Knowing that it's 120000 miles already, It would probably die out on you with the mods that you are going to put on. I'd stay off the mods and buy a used 1.8T and then just do a chip/exhaust/cai upgrade. This way you will have more hp then the 2.0. Just what I think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts