VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have the 4.0 V 6
We are very impressed with the performance of the 251 H P mill as well as the 6 speed transmission. The MPGs have been avg. 20.
The acceleration in traffic is excellent even with a full load of 7 & cargo.
Research shows Daimler engineered the final version of this engine.
I am interested in fellow Routan owners who chose the 3.8. How have you liked it?

The new Pentastar V6 is now out w/ 280 hp. I hope Routan gets it on 2011 models. A 8 speed transmission may come around in a couple of years too.
No word on the VW & Fiat relationship here. Share your thoughts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We have the 4.0 V 6
We are very impressed with the performance of the 251 H P mill as well as the 6 speed transmission. The MPGs have been avg. 20.
The acceleration in traffic is excellent even with a full load of 7 & cargo.
Research shows Daimler engineered the final version of this engine.
I am interested in fellow Routan owners who chose the 3.8. How have you liked it?

The new Pentastar V6 is now out w/ 280 hp. I hope Routan gets it on 2011 models. A 8 speed transmission may come around in a couple of years too.
No word on the VW & Fiat relationship here. Share your thoughts.
Agree with all the above really. We only get the 4.0 in Canada so cant compare. Our dash shows average of 12 litres per 100km mostly around town driving though.

As for the Fiat connection, Im all for it, in fact I recently put a deposit down on a 500 Abarth - even though its 18 months or so away!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We want a Routan - but I am hesitant to get the 2010 SEL with the 4.0L if the 2011 is going to get the 3.6L engine. There have been rumors that VW will discontinue the Routan for 2011 - but this months issue of Motor Trend indicated that the Routan was coming back for 2011 with the new Pentastar engine.

Anyone on here know?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We want a Routan - but I am hesitant to get the 2010 SEL with the 4.0L if the 2011 is going to get the 3.6L engine. There have been rumors that VW will discontinue the Routan for 2011 - but this months issue of Motor Trend indicated that the Routan was coming back for 2011 with the new Pentastar engine.

Anyone on here know?
I just purchased a 2010 SEL this week...I was also concerned that the Routan was going to be discontinued....but the dealerships assured me that the 2011s are in fact going to be made. They also told me that most likely the 2012 Routan will be made by VW as opposed to Chrysler. You may want to consider purchasing the 2010 Routan though because they are offering unbelievable discounts right now. I ended up getting almost $11,000 off sticker for mine (it is brand new, not a demo - 13mi on the ODO).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts