VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
ok if the rabbit was stock it would have a 1.8 16v. just to let you know.Spank if u want to know me and u could race(but make sure it is legal) to find out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
ok if the rabbit was stock it would have a 1.8 16v. just to let you know.Spank if u want to know me and u could race(but make sure it is legal) to find out. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quotei meant to say it wouldnt have the 16v sorry my mistake.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
if they both had the same motor, theoretically(spelling) the rabbit would most likly be quicker because it weighs a good amount less then the jetta. But on the other hand suspension wise the jetta would be much better, so it might actually get better traction and handle better. Is it a drag race? and also this is assuming they are both stock(except for the 16v swap in the rabbit)

·
Registered
11 Posts
the rabbit should be quite a bit faster. ive seen 16v rabbits pull on numerous vr6 mk2's. suspenison shouldnt be an issue too much really. 16v rabbits are fast, expecially the older they are due to how light they are. a better comparison would be this 79 16v rabbit and a 90ish vr6 gti, stock for stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
by the way.... i just realised you(89jettawolfs) got rid of the wing, looks great dude, you should come down to the carlisle pike some time and cruise with us some time

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
The standard:
2L 16v in a Rabbit = VR6 in a MK2 Jetta

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vw16vmk2:
by the way.... i just realised you(89jettawolfs) got rid of the wing, looks great dude, you should come down to the carlisle pike some time and cruise with us some time<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe i'll get out there sometime. Depending on when, between work and family i don't have a lt of free time. and most of it i've been spending with bdywork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts