VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a intake,turbo back excaust,chip,stage 3 apr kit,different cluctch, lighten flywheel,lsd,short throw, fat tires, with a boost of 25psi. What would i run? How much horsepower?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EastCoastDubz420:
With a intake,turbo back excaust,chip,stage 3 apr kit,different cluctch, lighten flywheel,lsd,short throw, fat tires, with a boost of 25psi. What would i run? How much horsepower?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would run something like 75 horses when you go into limp mode.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
25 psi on a stage 3 apr would send you straight into limp mode. That's way to much boost for the bigger turbo. You can run ~21psi on the stock turbo but on a larger turbo like the in apr's stage 3 kit, you'd be crazy to try and run that much boost. Especially if you don't have forged rods and pistons.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
You would run something like 75 horses when you go into limp mode.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen!

Maybe 13's, maybe 30's, how good of a driver are you? A fast car can be slower than crap with a bad driver.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EastCoastDubz420:
i'm a good driver i ran my friend 98 gti vr6 with intake and excaust. 14.9<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Normally aspirated VR's, and high boosting fours (or anything for that matter), are completely different beasts. Not saying you can't, but start slow, learn the car. Don't worry about what you can do with a stage III with mods, unitl you get it dialed in as is.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The APR stage three isn't much bigger, the biggest difference is switching from fluid bearing to ball bearing in the turbo casing. They kept the small turbo to keep the boost threshold down.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yes you can spike to 25psi on APR Stage III, but you won't hold it.

Most Stage III guys are running low 13's, a very few of them are running in the high 12's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts