VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Forum but not entirely new to VW. I am currently hunting and found a 2001 VW GTI with some upgrades that i will list. I was wondering what you guys..the pros..would consider a fair price to pay a private owner for this vehicle. Thanks for the feedback. Mason-Mosul Iraq US Army

Hello. Up for sale is my 2001 Volkswagen GTI. The car has had some work done to it. It currently has 94,100 miles on it, and runs flawlessly. I bought it back in 2007, and since then, have only driven it 20,000 miles. The car has the following upgrades:

-Full air ride suspension by DreamMakers customs. Works great. Was done in July for $3,500
-RevoTechnik Stage 2 software.
-4.0 bar fuel pressure regulator
-ground Loomed heavy duty coil upgrade
-65mm exhaust after cat back T304 light weight
-Turbo XS diverter valve
-Projector headlights
-Shave rear badges, badgeless grill, stubby antenna
-17" TSW indy 500's w/ nitto neogens. (Less than 10k on them)

The car is very quick. The CEL is on because it needs a new Mass Air Flow Sensor which is a 100 dollar part and a VERY simple repair. The front left axle was just replaced with a Raxle brand axle, which is lifetime guaranteed, and SUPER heavy duty. There is also a small dent on the right rear wheel well which was there when I bought the car. Remember though, the car runs and drives excellent as is. Clutch was brand new when I got the car with 72k. The car was in a VERY minor accident in Oct 2007. A woman made a left in front of me at very low speeds, and we hit. There was no damage to the car, other than scuffs and scratches on the bumber, which was replaced by her insurance company. There is no visible or mechanical problems what-so-ever from this. I have taken very good care of the car and it has never been smoked in as long as I have owned the car. Oil has been changed every 3,000 miles with full synthetic and has most recently been changed within 300 miles using royal purple. I consider myself to be a VW enthusiast, and have never abused the car. Looks, runs, and drives great. ...

The exterior is in great shape, the interior shape is also in great shape i would say. no tears in any of the leather. The psi meter for the air ride is digital and nicely snugged in the ashtray compartment.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i woke up this morning to really wanting to buy the car from the guy but since i am in Iraq i couldnt hand the money over without looking at it and be able to sleep comfortable after my purchase. He ended up selling it anyway. Looks like for 6G's. I am hoping this wasn't the one that passed me bye. He did say this is his 3rd axle. I hope there was an underlying issue and that i got away from a lemon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts