VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 gti and I have seen cars without the vw badge on the back. I just wanted to make sure that under that emblem is just a divit right? No kinda holes or anything that would require bodywork? Just wanted to make sure before I take it off. Any suggestions as far as what to put in the divit? I think I'm gonna make a custom magnet for it but any unique ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2 point slow:
wise ass !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Affirmative.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
There aren't any holes behind the VW emblem on the hatch of a Golf/GTI, only an indentation for the emblem will remain if you choose to remove it.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I removed the black plastic piece from behind the badge. Snapped the plastic prongs off of the "chrome" vw emblem, then put 3m moulding foam tape around the edges, and stuck it back over the indentation. Here is a good how-to:

LINK

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the responses all. that vw symbol without the black surround looks pretty nice, gives kinda a clean look.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Garden gnomes and pixies sometimes camp out under there, be careful!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Mine has dub-divot lint behind it. Think of it as the German Automotive version of dust bunnies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the divot filled and painted at my dealer. The job was about $750 as they had to remove the rear glass and respray the whole hatch. They welded a piece of steel over it and smoothed it out instead of just filling it with Bondo.

·
Registered
735 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Number6:
I got the divot filled and painted at my dealer. The job was about $750 as they had to remove the rear glass and respray the whole hatch. They welded a piece of steel over it and smoothed it out instead of just filling it with Bondo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoah... that's pretty wild. Nice dealer you have! Do they send out for bodywork? I thought that's how most of 'em do it anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Mine has an electronometeronalous kryptationarotory gramtinometer. Its shiny<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice! I saw one of those on eBay, but the bids were outta my range.

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: JJ2112 ]

·
Registered
32 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ2112:
Whoah... that's pretty wild. Nice dealer you have! Do they send out for bodywork? I thought that's how most of 'em do it anyway
[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: JJ2112 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

City VW here in San Diego has a body shop in house. Really great guys there. They painted and installed my 20thAE kit too. Most of the mechanics are real VW enthusiasts too, so they are more than willing to install just about anything you bring in.

They just LOVE me.

I did have to save up a bit for that job though. I had them remove and reinstall a spoiler I "installed" very poorly. Instead of just gluing it on, they went to the trouble of welding all the jacked up holes I made in my hatch (inside and out). The whole thing came to about $950. $200 of it was my own stupidity.

That divot was just bugging the hell out of me.

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: Number6 ]

·
Registered
32 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 LUVR:
$750!!!
Wow you are dedicated my friend!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I try. This sucky thing is I have to work with this 2.0L 8v. I crashed my '92 GTi about a year ago and had to get what I could afford at the time. Oh well. I will work with what I got and love it like it was my first born.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts