VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI and my insurance policy runs out soon.

I'm quickly realizing that I've been paying way too much to insure it.

My average monthly rates are like $150.

According to Used 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI Wagon Costs, Depreciation, Ownership, Insurance, Maintenance & More - Motor Trend Magazine , the yearly premiums are around $1400... which should equate to like $115/month or something

I'm a good driver and have no prior convictions or accidents, so I shouldn't be paying as much as I do.

Who do you guys use to insure your VW's? And what are your rates?

I'm looking for suggestions.. been spending all day comparing quotes.

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
Auto insurance actuaraly speaking would be dependant on your age, location, sex, miles driven, and many many other variables. Please stop posting links to insurance sites and just call 1-800-statefarm.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Auto insurance actuaraly speaking would be dependant on your age, location, sex, miles driven, and many many other variables.
This. What we pay isn't really relevant to what you pay. You'll just have to call around and price compare.

I will say when we re-quoted when we bought our house (we combined homeowners and auto insurance), we were on Geico and everywhere else was quoting about half the price we were paying. Geico wouldn't budge. Went with Nationwide in the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts