VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is my questions....soo i need a new exaust and my dad doesnt wanna pay much for one and said it would be ok to get a performance muffler....ok soo i am wondering what uis the difference between a lets say custom muffler from midas or a muffle shop and a muffler from tt or something like that? thanks for the help

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Quality, Fitment, Performance, Sound...
Chain Muffler shops to crappy work. Save yourself the headache and get a TT system now. Muffler shops crush bend piping and make crappy welds. The SS TT system will outlast your car unlike a muffler shops system. For the price, it is worth every penny. Simply adding a muffler and having them bend you piping might actually cause you to loose performance. Talk him into TT/Brola, many of us use their products and fully back their quality products.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks what do the tt mufflers run for...and i dont have the resorces to put it on....so where could i have it put on? thanks again

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Well, you're about an hour south of me... so we can do it this way.

Techtonics Tuning 2" mandrel bent system with a Dynomax muffler retails for $200+shipping. I'll knock $20 off retail, you'll still have to pay shipping though (usually under $20). Upgrading to a Flowmaster would be $55 more, upgrading to a Borla would be $125 more.

I talked to a friend at Oval's Motorsport in Federal Way and he said they'd charge at least 2hrs labor to install it, which would be $136.

I'll install it for $75, and tack weld it into place so it doesn't move.

Midas and most other muffler shop exhausts are resrictive, rattle like crazy, and don't last very long.

[ February 27, 2004: Message edited by: Fourt1thirty ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
275$ for a TT catback installed... Can't beat that with a stick. Cheeper then what you would end up paying at a chain shop...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I got 2 1/4 mandrel bent all welded with a borla for $200m on my bunny, muffler I got for free though, but anyway, if you have a muffler shop do it make sure it's mandrel bent and make sure they put on ann new flange with a bigger opening, other wise go with TT exaust best bang for your buck. that's what I'll be putting on my A2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts