VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i reciently lowered my car useing the weitec gt 60/40 kit, which i must say i am very impressed with it gives me excellent handleing and a great ride. im now looking into getting a set of rims but i can't decide what size to get?? i would like to put 17's on with a 40 series tire but will that fit in my wheel well? How will the rims hold up with that tire size and the "smooth" (haha) pennsylvania roads??

·
Registered
433 Posts
they will fit with no problems just as long as they are not to wide. also if you get some strong wheels you shouldn't have to worry about the roads in PA. bryan (silverGTI) has 40's and lives in PA and i don't think that he has had any problems

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i have 16s with 40 series on.... while its a little rougher than most its not all that bad.... just watch out for railroad tracks!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I agree!If you are careful you could go even with 17"s.But I am happy with the 16"s they never rub!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not lowered my car yet but I do have 17's with the 40 series tires and it looks great and I will have no trouble with lowering my car at the most 1.9"

·
Registered
73 Posts
You should'nt have any problems putting 17s on, but if the rim is 7.5" or wider, you might have some rubbing.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had 40 series tires on 16 inch rims on my MKII. I have the Spax kit on...its supposed to be 40/40 but it looks more like 60/60...They rubbed like hell but i never had any problems with them getting messed up...and i hit a few holes by accident sometimes too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts