VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally conceded defeat and went to winter mode. But now my front wheel bolts are loosening.

- 17" Arietta OEM
- 10mm spacer front w/ 14x1.5x40mm ball seat
- 20mm spacer rear w/ 14x1.5x47mm ball seat
- spacers and bolts are from ECS

Went to work at the shop @ 8AM, drove all day to the paint supplier / on the highway / to get food etc. - no problems. Around 11PM I was coming back from my gf's house and noticed a slight noise coming from the left driver's side.

Pulled over and whipped out the torque wrench - the bolts on the rear were fine @ 90 ft/lbs, but a couple bolts on the front were a tad loose (on both sides). Not enough to move with my fingers - but the torque wrench didn't click right away (they turned a bit).

Something else was odd - I used my impact gun to remove / replace the bolts when I changed the wheels. The rear bolts came out and installed no problem, but the front bolts didn't come out with the gun?? I had to remove them by hand. They would loosen with the gun, but wouldn't come out all the way. They came out from the hub, but still weren't loose enough to move with my fingers - and the impact gun wouldn't get them all the way off, so I used the torque wrench to loosen them all the way and take em off. Same deal when I installed the new bolts - the impact gun wouldn't tighten them all the way - the torque wrench still went around about 6 times.

I've never heard of this. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Could you do me a huge favor?
take a picture of your set up right now.
I've got arrietas and I'm still sort of trying to figure out what spacers to get. I thought 10mm up front might poke, but I like that they're hub centric.
and I was only thinking 15mm in the back, again thought 20mm would poke a little.

But if your 15/20 set up looks good i'll go ahead and do that.

ALSO what's up with that exhaust?? haha. I never got your shipping quote. I think the PM might have gotten lost or something?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts