Discussion Starter #1
i wanna get new wheels for spring
is 5 lug universal... universal?

wheels and tires sizes, bolt patters is like pre calc to me
so im not even gonna try

·
Registered
13 Posts
your car takes a 5x100 mm bolt pattern and if im not mistaken they have a 43mm offset. if you want to get new wheels all you will need to know is the bolt pattern and what size you want.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Lug pattern is 5x100. wheel sisze 17x7.5 or go with 18x8.5. 19's or larger look like shit and you will probably rub. Also depending on the wheel you have to consider offset. May need spacers. You can go with a bigger lug pattern like 5x112 but you need an adaptor.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea but a lot of ads just say 5 lug universal. so any 5 lug univ bolt pattern fits my car?i know my size and all that but im just confised on what "universal" intails

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,443 Posts
stay away from ads stating universal 5-lug. most likely they are going to be junk wheels. how much do you have to throw down on a set of wheels? dont get anything multi-lug or ricey. you can just about fit any 5 bolt wheel on your car with proper adapters, offset, tire size. . biggest i would go is 18's. 17's are perfect. if you dont know i have 96 corvette wheels on my gti. they are 17x8.5 and 17.9.5 offset of +56 and are 5x120. i have 33mm adapter that go from 5x100 to 5x120 to make them fit.

what kind of wheel are you looking for. when getting wheels, you kinda what to plan ahead and make sure they are going to fit the car as you customize it. if you have ideas im pretty good at finding pics of vws with certain wheels or style of wheel. my photobucket is packed full of pics.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow nice sawblades dude, and thanks for the help, i dont have much,around 400 but some guy was selling 4 s4 wheels and tires for 450, id like a nice set of s4s but i read its to big a difference? idk

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
wow nice sawblades dude, and thanks for the help, i dont have much,around 400 but some guy was selling 4 s4 wheels and tires for 450, id like a nice set of s4s but i read its to big a difference? idk
You'll still need adapters for S4 wheels

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i know but i forget where i saw it but i read it wasnt a good idea, they werent good sizes to adapt or something idk, im so lost hahaha

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bolt pattern is 5x100. Anything 5x100 will fit on the HUB, that doesn't mean it won't rub though. Stock offset is 35mm. Offset is where the center of the wheel is, corresponding to where it meets the hub, a 0 offset is flush, positive (most wheels) has the center of the wheel towards the inside, and negative (deep dish wheels) has it on the outside. If you get a 55 offset, you're gonna need to get 20mm spacers to have a 35mm offset (stock look). Width of the wheel is a bigger issue, offset has to deal more with what will rub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts