VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VW told me I need one or all wheel sensors replaced, because my ABS and Stability lights are on. They cost over $100 each, then installation AND the cost to determine which sensors. I spent enough on my 2009 Jetta. I can get the sensors for about $30 each and have a buddy change them. My question is, would anyone know once the sensors are replaced is there any computer work to turn off the warning lights?

·
Registered
3 Posts
VW told me I need one or all wheel sensors replaced, because my ABS and Stability lights are on. They cost over $100 each, then installation AND the cost to determine which sensors. I spent enough on my 2009 Jetta. I can get the sensors for about $30 each and have a buddy change them. My question is, would anyone know once the sensors are replaced is there any computer work to turn off the warning lights?

2009 is an mkv no? Anyway, if it’s any help I broke one wheel speed sensor/ abs wire on my 06 gli ( GLI/ GTI were on the same platform) while I was lowering it. I ordered a new wire, spliced it in place and as soon as I started driving the lights went away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts