VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought an Apex Sport cup kit for my 01 GTI. it is a 60/40 kit. i want to put 18" wheels on with 225/40/18 tires. is anyone familiar with this cup kit? just want to know if they will fit before i plunge a bunch of money into this project. i will go to 17" rims before i put 35mm rubber bands on my car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know if my ride height will change at all? do the bigger wheels cancel out the drop of the suspension?

·
Registered
777 Posts
they will fit, unless you have sway/strut bars i wouldent drop it more than 1 1/2 or 2 inches.....cuz one side will squat... you know what i meen

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beck:
do you know if my ride height will change at all? do the bigger wheels cancel out the drop of the suspension?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you have stock wheels now? if so what size, an inch is 24.5 millimeters so grab a calculator and go to town! i'll do it for you if you post your tire and rim size....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stock wheels are 55-15 and the kit is a 60/40 drop - new wheels would be 40-18.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got out of math class and there are more equations to do!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tried it and it looks like it's going to stay the same. i figured that the body will drop .029in. in the front. don't know if i did that right. my concern was that i have a 337/20AE lip on the front and wanted to judge how low it was going to be.

·
Registered
777 Posts
old = 477.5mm new = 521

new wheels are an 1 3/4 inches bigger....
so your ride hight is going to be about the same but its gonna look alot lower...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your help, fellas - i appreciate the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts