VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my jetta shakes at speed above 40 i got an alignment, new tires and rims, tires are balanced. what could it be. would front wheel bearings have anything to do with it?

justin

·
Registered
10 Posts
could be the tires weren't balanced properly. or with aftermarket wheels you should have some hub-centric rings. just my .02

[ September 14, 2003: Message edited by: 964dgolf ]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have stock rims on the car. im thinking about going to get it realligned and see if that does the trick. at first i thought it was the belts in the tires so i bought new tires and put them on my other rims and it still shakes. anyways i will just keep trying to figure it out cause its a pain in the @ss to have you steering wheel shake in your hand all the time.
thanks
justin

·
Registered
107 Posts
i work at town fair tire for 3 years they may need to be balance or they may be bent the line up mostly make it pull to the left or right unless you have a bad part in the front end. if it is bent rim get some cheep but good looking rims should be able to get the stock size rims but i would go with at lest 15inch they handle a little betta and the tires price is much cheeper than 16's and 17's that if you have the 14's on it you can get a set of rims for like 500 bucks lot cheeper than geting the stock rims

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
you are right in getting the alignment redone... 90% of the time its something small like that. start small as to save yourself money!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by Dad2rjp:
[QB]my jetta shakes at speed above 40 i got an alignment, new tires and rims, tires are balanced. what could it be. would front wheel bearings have anything to do with it?

could be that tires were not balances the right way.my car is doin that too once i go ova 70 but its doin that cuz i need new tires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have to make a appointment to get it re alligned. the rims dont look bent. the lug nuts are tight and they are balanced correctlly. it all started when i was driving down the interstate and i heard a something hit under my car. then it started to shake. so i figured it was a wheel weight, so i got them rebalanced. then they still did it. i put my other set of stock rims that came with the car on and they it still shakes. could the loud noise have been the weight and then it messed up the allignment? thanks for all the post.

justin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts