VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post.
You've probably been asked this before but anyway...

I have a 150 gt tdi and want to put on 19's but also want it to look nice when i drop it a few millimeters...

Question - How low will i get away with it on 19's? What set up should i use? Do i need to make any modifications?

Are there any pictures of any one else with this set up?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
because they will make your car handle poorly, it will be increased weight, and they will throw you speedo off because they will not be OEM outside rolling diameter. MKIV's, or any other previous gen of dubs are not made to run 19's. 18's are even questionable, 17's are a much more practical choice that might even improve performance.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
You will also have a much bumpier ride with 19's. Not sure if that matters to you, but just though I would throw that out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lads, spot on for your reply's, my mate did say they would f*ck up the handling etc.. just thought i'd try and be a crazy fool, i'll have a think about it - tried to go on your wesite but 'golf 1,8 gti' would'nt come up, i'll try again tomorrow....

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Although 19" wheels look amazing. They are more for looks then practicality as stated by the above dubbers.

I personally know couple people from the Subaru Legacy GT club in Toronto that had their tires f...cked up prematurely and the other hit a pothole damaging the wheels beyond repair.

Just ask Jon (aka Bora2021) what happened to his wheels while he got served by the Deleware Pothole (sp?) Drive-Through Window.

[ June 29, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah thomas thats another thing, the bigger the wheel. the less tire there is gonna be, that that means more chance of bend.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I'm going with 18's and eibachs right now and although the ride is awesome on relatively smooth roads, it is also too bouncy and just plain rough. I'll be getting new shocks very soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts