VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having rough idling/running issues with my 2001 Jetta 12V VR6. The OBDII scanner is throwing an error on both o2 sensors(just purchased going to install this weekend), camshaft sensor, and cranshaft sensor. This is all accompanied by a horrible fume/gas smell. Tonight I am under the hood looking around and notice that a hose coming from the right side of the engine running down underneath the airbox is unhooked. I am in the process of removing the intake to get a better look. Does anyone know what this hose is and where it needs to be attached? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay it looks like its a secondary air injection hose. Would this explain the issues i've been having?

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
All of those things sounds like more of a cam and crank shaft sensor.
The secondary injection is only during cold start. It would have plugged into the airbox.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Im going to start with the o2 sensors this weekend and try to order the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. Along with rough idling/running I noticed this spot in the garage behind my exhaust. Like I said the fumes are terrible and I am getting terrible gas mileage. Is this all contributed to the sensors? maybe catalytic converter too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts