VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 2003 GLI and wants to put a nice exhaust on it. being that i only have an 8-valve 4 banger, i dont know what to recommend him. I know that TT is pretty good but he wants a nice sound (not too loud, something that brings out the growl of the 24V) with an overall nice look, such as nice rear muffler and tips. any suggestions as well as anyone who has a GLI is greatly appreciated. thanks

bryan

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
You'll hear brands like TT, Borla, etc but if he wants a nice deep growl without it being really loud then I'd recommend to go with a milltek system. They are pricey but worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeah, Milltek is an awesome system. You can barely tell it is not stock from the sound.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gti20thAEinDE:
Yeah, Milltek is an awesome system. You can barely tell it is not stock from the sound.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not 100% accurate with the VR6 engine. Close but you can definitely when you open that baby up.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You're right. For daily driving it is a pretty un-noticable change but, when you stomp on it, you'll hear it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts