VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1998 gti 2.0 8v(slow)......
what exhaust will be best for this car??,performance wise, and nothing too ricey and loud.......

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
If you buy a Techtonics exhaust get the Borla muffler. The Dynomax is a piece of crap.

I'd say get an Autotech system if it weren't for the fact they they use the Dynomax too. Their stainless systems are top notch, but also retail for almost $600.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
My GF justs got TT w. borla on her 96 2.0 and its perfect. slightly louder than stock, perfect sound for VW but not too loud that its anoying on the highway or long trips

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Question: why do u have the honda-tech.com in ur sig?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh...im in honda-tech too....I also own a integra(1988 p.o.s lol)

[ November 06, 2003: Message edited by: register ]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone else have any suggestions?

oh i have another question...how do i put a pic in my sig.???

thanks

[ November 11, 2003: Message edited by: register ]

·
Registered
141 Posts
summit racing has a device that lets you alternate from your street exhaust to complete open headers at the push of a cable, it's like a reverse y pipe with a valve inside, i dont know if it will give you that much performance thought, because from what i understand, four cylinders rely on some backpressure, any additional info would be appreciated. I'm debating about putting it on my car

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jman9895:
summit racing has a device that lets you alternate from your street exhaust to complete open headers at the push of a cable, it's like a reverse y pipe with a valve inside, i dont know if it will give you that much performance thought, because from what i understand, four cylinders rely on some backpressure, any additional info would be appreciated. I'm debating about putting it on my car<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't, you will have nothing in the low with open hedder back, leave that for the muscle heads

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am happy with my Magnaflow...Its deep as hell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts