VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have been rocking the ABT grille on my black GTI for about 6 months now. Don't get me wrong, I love the grille, but as the spring comes in I am looking for a change. I am considering going back to the stock grille and sticking a little turbo badge on it. It is refreshing and OEM, while ABT is also very sweet. I am deadlocked between the two. Please tell me which you like on a black gti. Here they are:

option 1:

option 2:

·
Registered
433 Posts
i would say the oem with the turbo badge, that looks sweet!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
thats a really tough choice, but a pluss about the stock one is you can sell the other one and get some eyelids with the left over cash

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
arjun, I have 2 questions for you...

1. As yo ucan see from my sig, I have an MKIV GTI, and I have a broken grill. I was wondering if you would be interested in selling whichever grill you decide not to use? Let me know in a post or send me a private message.

2. I noticed the MA plates, where in MA are you from? I am from Beverly and soon I will be moving to the Worcester area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I see your dilemma, both look sweet, but I'm leaning towards the OEM grille with the Turbo badge.

·
Registered
380 Posts
my pick would be the OEM but painting the VW sign black since ur Gti is black. And then Stick the turbo bagde on. ARGGHHHH SWEETT.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks very much for the replies, guys. As for the front vw badge, I have a black one lying around so I could do the black badge. My only fear is that it might clash against the hatch, where I have the three stock chrome badges. Dunno. Thats an easy switch though, and I will keep it in mind. I love both grilles, but right now I am really into the stock grille with the turbo badge. Hopefully Ill have it on the car soon.

·
Registered
413 Posts
personally, I'd get a Bonrath (I think that's the OEM-looking one with slats and no emblem) and put the turbo badge on that. for some reason the Bonrath grille looks awesome to me. just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
def keep it oem. with the turbo badge. I think the bugmod guy was selling turbo badges along with 20v (the turbo goes under the 20v badge)for the rear hatch. just something to think about, not to get things cluttered.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
imo...OEM looks way hotter.....so thats like 9 to 1 for the OEM grill... but remember its your car and thats all that really matters

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, it would look good. I may consider doing that in the future if i lower and debadge my car... but for now its either stock with the badge or the abt. im liking the oem look for now.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Is there any way to attach the turbo or maybe a 1.8T badge onto the ABT?

OR how about a custom vwforum "V"?

[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts