VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 gti 1.8t and i'm going to get a good deal of money soon. Somewhere in the thousand range. I'm not sure if i should get an excaust or drop my car or a chip and downpipe. Right now i have a aem cold air and thats it. Can u guys give me some ideas on what to get first?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
now are you looking at spending all of this money on the dub? if so i would say chip and exhaust.
jon

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I would say suspension upgrades first; otherwise you will just be fustrated with all that new power! I have a blistein/H&R sport combo that I really like, and I also threw in a 28mm rear sway; handles really nicely. just my $.02...

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
But no one is going to turn their head to look at a silent car...
Chip and Exhaust (Turbo back) from apr would be about 1400. But from another company you could get chip and exhaust for 1200..Personally i'd save the extra 200$. Theres a million exhaust threads...search and do some research on prices.

EDIT: Or consider Lowering (Cup kit) and Chip, that would be around your price range. Just an idea

[ December 31, 2003: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
But no one is going to turn their head to look at a scilent car...
Chip and Exhaust (Turbo back) from apr would be about 1400. But from another company you could get chip and exhaust for 1200..Personally i'd save the extra 200$. Theres a million exhaust threads...search and do some research on prices.

EDIT: Or consider Lowering (Cup kit) and Chip, that would be around your price range. Just an idea

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts