VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don't know what to do : if I'm in second gear I need to drive à 3000 rpm in order to be at 25 mph and even 4000 for 30 mph ( with the noise everybody in the street is looking for the Ferrari ) or I drive in third gear and I fall to 1500/1800 rpm and get higher engine temp and a very few little time some jerk from the engine like if you brake ...

Maybe high rpm is good for engine ( turbo, EGR, DPF ) and it is my impression but maybe not so I'm wondering what to do ?

There is one thing I don't understand : sometimes mostly in first gear and less in second I feel the engine fluid ( especially when the engine is cold - unused after a night ) and sometimes not like if I drive a tractor or like a car with an exaust blocked.

I always warm the engine for the first miles, always wait for cutting off the engine. Good oil, especially for the gear box with a special oil for yellow alloys instead of the genuine one which is for new VW gear box but mine is a 2007again with yellow alloys.

Thanks by advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok, after a measure of my consumption I've clearly a problem :

2011 to 2013 7.9L/100km
since 4 monthes after the oil servicing and the timing belt I'm at 8.9L/100 ( without driving with high RPM )

Today I've done a quick test :

2013 at 115km/h in sixth gear 5L/100
today 5.7L/100

One question : with VCDS will I be able to see engine failure with the sensor of the car like for example with the DPF ( amount of particle to burn and amount of unburnable particle ) for example : a better indication of the level of oil ( with the gauge the oil is so liquide that I won't see anything - I 've oil on all the gauge ... ) or I better let the car seen by the right mecanic with luck ;)

With a Passat 2007 is it interesting to have the latest VCDS or it is useless ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts