VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new car! It's an 03 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition. Got it for about $6500. Has 99k miles (I'm pretty sure timing belt/water will crap out soon :|) and is 1.8T. Going from my old 2.0 to this is amazing. So nice to have a car that has some nuts. Here's what I have planned, based on my current budget.

- Forge DV. Where can I buy one/how difficult is it to install?

-New head unit+speakers. I’m probably gonna get Kicker speakers and an Alpine deck. It has the Monsoon system in it. Will that make it difficult to install a headunit? I feel like I've heard it has.

-Anyone have experience installing a GLI lip? I really want one (will probably lurk Vortex classifieds) but have heard it can be a PITA to install it.

-The only DIY thing would be textured rubstrips. Has anyone done this? It seems easy as pie but I don't wanna fuck it up.

Picture time!Link to the album

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Looks good. I have a list for you: 1.) bump replacing timing belt/water pump to the top of your list, or add replace engine somewhere else in your list. 2.) Get rid of the rear spoiler. 3.) Change your sig. lol

Looks clean the wolfsburg is actually made in Germany So $6500 was not a bad price.

Edit: I would also loose the sunroof visor and get a stubby thing asap.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. I have a list for you: 1.) bump replacing timing belt/water pump to the top of your list, or add replace engine somewhere else in your list. 2.) Get rid of the rear spoiler. 3.) Change your sig. lol

Looks clean the wolfsburg is actually made in Germany So $6500 was not a bad price.

Edit: I would also loose the sunroof visor and get a stubby thing asap.
Yeah I'm really gonna get underway once I get home for the summer and I'll be replacing water pump/timing belt pronto. I'm not too crazy about the spoiler either, but I'm gonna keep it for the time being.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
looking good u use your insurance money to buy this?

and x2 1.8 turbo

lose the wing and the sunroof visor and ur good to go.

and come to the chi i can do timing belts in and out in under 2 hours ive gotten it down to a science.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Do you not like rear spoilers? I'm assuming mine came stock with the spoiler. I don't think it looks bad but how easy are they to remove?
all wolfsburg mk4's come with the spoiler i believe. but in my opinion it looks better without it.

and removal is 4 nuts and it comes off. but u have to fill the holes and paint it to make it look right.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Mine actually has a brake light in it too... I suppose I could just disconnect the wiring or something? When I do this I'll probably wanna have someone whos done this before around just to make sure I don't fuk up haha

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
its very very easy just get urself a screw driver and 3 hose clamps.

get the old one off by cutting or just prying the stock clamps off (i prefer prying em apart i tried cutting once fuked up a hose.)

remove your plastic engine cover theres 3 or 4 plastic screws they should turn 1/4- 1/2 turn then pop up. after they are all popped up gently pull the cover off. then take take your old dv out. put the new hose clamps around the mounting points put ur new dv valve in and tighten all the clamps. now go hav a beer :chug:

if u dont know the dv valve is after the maf and its the big thing on the top of your intake hose goin into the turbo with 2 hoses attached to it.

and no this is not my dirty ass motor its some dudes on google ^-^

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congratulations! The first thing I would suggest before doing any mods or making your car look good is to change your timing belt,water pump and possibly check the clutch as well. Do a tune up and then you can start making mods. Have fun!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Congratulations! The first thing I would suggest before doing any mods or making your car look good is to change your timing belt,water pump and possibly check the clutch as well. Do a tune up and then you can start making mods. Have fun!
X2 Mods are worthless without maintenance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts