VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey if theres anyone out there who is interested in installing white or any color for that matter gauge faces in there vdub Ive got the cheapest an I feel the best looking ones out there .First if youore not real computer savy like myself have your girlfriend doit thats what I did but if you are quik on the keyboard then give it a try you,ll need a set of guages from the same model you are wanting to put them in an they will be destroyed so salvage yard gauge clusters are the way to go dissasemble them down to the face plate but be careful not to scratch or nick them up then scan them into you computer an save them in a file go to photoshop an reverse the propertys your just changing whats black to white an whats white to black or what ever color you choosemine are electric blue with red needles then print them out on Kodak photo paper the paper is like a vellum it has a slight sheen to it or if you want to get real silly you can go to staples an buy a whole ream of it around 25.00 all my buddys have them installed in there cars I dont have a digital camera or I,d send a pic the hardest part is cutting out the odometer an tripometer squares be careful installing them in your car an there not permant just use the little screws that hold the face plate to the gauge gut to hold the new face platealso youll want to cut the needle hole slightly larger an make a vartical cut I found that if you make this cut from the odommeter the the tripommeter there less conspicuous I have a large collection of mk2 gauge plates so let me know i might have youres an Ill just send it to you an you can print it out for your self have fun an good luck also have 83 84 rabbit gti face plates alredy stored in my folder so again just email me if you want them cheap, easy an good looking

1 - 2 of 2 Posts