VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah you could do the head job and stuff like that. But it sunds like you got most of the bolton stuff. I'd most likly go with a turbo because of the kits out there for that engine, it'd be really easy.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If ya do...anyone have some more ideas to get some more power out of it besides the ovious...turbo...iv done cam, chip, exhaust, intake, the basics...just curious.

·
Registered
192 Posts
he didnt port and polish it yet

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
the head is gettin ported as soon as it gets into good runnin order...i have a friend doin it for me...i will be doin a lot of polishin to the tranny and block when its out of commision...im lookin forward to a slight horsepower gain

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95JettaYork:
he didnt port and polish it yet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Colin, Tim has a polish, on his cardomain page it says Port and Polish. After I posted Tim came to me and said I don't have the head ported. I just posted what was read off of his mod list.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vwspeed97:
what are the different specs of a x-flow??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Derek? Theres obdI and obdII. All 115 hp/124 ft/tq. Both use ABA block while i belive the OBDI head has better flow traits compared to the OBDII. Your car has OBDII. If you mean how does the X-flow head differ from other 8v heads...It simply means, The air flows accrost the head unlike older 8v heads(such as ians) where the intake and exhaust manifolds both enter/exit on the same side of the head. On x-flow air comes in one side, and going out the opposite side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts