VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took these three shots today in the morning really loving this new look completely changed her...

thanks to everyone that helped out with my questions you guys really helped alot really appreciated thanks guys...

so here she is after
-wrd coilovers :cool:

-delinte thunder d7 tires :cool: (ive pushed them up to 90mph and really no problem with the handling, really nice ride)
FRONT-215/45/17 (might go 205 next time i need new tires lol want a nicer stretch)
REAR-25/40/18

-set of corvette c5 wheels powdercoated anthracite(color)
-running adaptitusa 5x100 to 5x4.75 adapters
FRONT-33mm
REAR-38mm
(perfect fitment to be honest)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I might get tint this weekend suggestions on what shade I should go with not really feeling the darkest shade tho

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
looks real good man. :K:

i run super dark tint.. lol.. 5% rears 15% front side windows. 5% strip across my windshield at the top.. just slightly below AS_ line.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys you guys are making me love it more lol...
Yea I was thinking 30-40% tint any pics with the shades you guys went with??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so about the headlight restoration yes I will do it this weekend probably too...
On a sidenote question how hard is the joey mod? really considering it

·
4,054 Posts
Headlight restoration is easy. Pick up the 3M kit at your local auto store or Wal-Mart.

Doing a joey mod isn't that hard either. Just take your time. If I were you though i would just do a GLI joey mod. I'm not a big fan of the full joey mod.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Headlight restoration is easy. Pick up the 3M kit at your local auto store or Wal-Mart.

Doing a joey mod isn't that hard either. Just take your time. If I were you though i would just do a GLI joey mod. I'm not a big fan of the full joey mod.
gli joey mod? what is this?
so I searched :)

VWVortex.com - DIY: Joey GLI Mod Headlights

definitely will go to walmart prices for restoration around here are $20-30
thanks never heard of this, it is nice probably will go that direction...
dam what would I do with out you guys...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i did the 3m kit and it made my foggy headlights clear as day. 25-30 bucks
nice to hear that :)
is it only for one time use?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
technically, but you should be left with enough sanding pads and 3m paste to do it two or three more times. if you maintain them, you should only need to use the softer paper and the sponge.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
technically, but you should be left with enough sanding pads and 3m paste to do it two or three more times. if you maintain them, you should only need to use the softer paper and the sponge.
alright cool this weekend will stop by walmart

1 - 20 of 28 Posts