VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird dent situaion:
I have an old cat-back exhaust setup that was originally on my car, and has been sitting in my shed for a while, and I figure I could probably get rid of it to someone. The problem is that it has to shallow dents in the polished 70mm tip section, not sure how/when it happened. I want to sell the exhaust but would like to fix the dents first, so anyone have ideas on how to un-dent such a weird area, I'm not to verse in the ways of dents. Thanks,

Josh

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9 Posts
two words...... "ding king"!
just kidding but seriously, i'm gonna have to agree with db and say that it's probably going to be more trouble than it's worth fixing it. as long as the muffler tips look good, since that's all you'll see anyway, i'm sure you'll have no trouble selling it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yeah getting dents out of a muffler isnt exactly taking something and pounding them out... i really dont think that nay profesional place would mess w/ that either

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand what you guys are saying, and it really wouldn't show once on the car, plus it's not hindering the performance or anything. I would just feel bad selling it in that condition, I'm sure I'll get over it though. Thanks,

Josh

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
466 Posts
Don't feel bad for selling it like that, just make sure that the buyer knows about it. Someone out there won't care about dents that you can't see once it's on the car. Good Luck, Ja

1 - 7 of 7 Posts