VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what the people with mods out there have for whp numbers. NA, FI, whatever - I just want to see what people are laying down.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Haven't dynoed mine yet...I should, but at this point the dyno sheet wouldn't impress me. After I put a big valve head on and some 264 cams, then we'll see whats up.

Edit: No longer a member of the club where this info was listed...dead link.

[ February 29, 2004: Message edited by: GTIVR62801 ]

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
Haven't dynoed mine yet...I should, but at this point the dyno sheet wouldn't impress me. After I put a big valve head on and some 264 cams, then we'll see whats up.

If you want to see my mods list hit up www.autobahn-america.com/carson.html for all the info on my ride. The info is current, most pics aren't.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think your link is http://www.autobahn-america.com/carson.htm (minus your the "l")

[ January 11, 2004: Message edited by: db ]

·
Registered
777 Posts
carson, where did you ghet your shift boot... thats not oem is it?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
Its all about the $$$, man, well...more the lack thereof.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No doubt - is dynoing really expensive? I never really thought about it or looked into since I have no need at this point.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Usually its best to get a group dyno day event going, as that brings the prices down. You can get the cost down if you provide a number of cars to keep the dyno busy. If you want to go on your own and tune your car on the dyno...it gets expensive.

A group event usually runs around $50-$75 and gets you 2-3 runs on the dyno.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matt00gti:
With a cai and remus exhuast, the G-tech pro showed my 00 vr6 gti to have 213 [email protected] and 204 tq @6100 but i dont know how reliable that is<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find that unlikely (very).

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matt00gti:
With a cai and remus exhuast, the G-tech pro showed my 00 vr6 gti to have 213 [email protected] and 204 tq @6100 but i dont know how reliable that is<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not very reliable.....I can guarantee that. Brian has very similar mods on his 00 VR6 GTi, and I walked him pretty good on the way to dyno day. My car dynoed 213whp, and at the speeds that we ran at my 266lb/ft of torque doesn't really matter or become part of the equation. You are probably between 160-170hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i didnt think it would be to accurate<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying I wish it wasn't true - would be really sweet if it was.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Well previous dyno's dialed my VR6 Turbo in at 440hp/432ft./lbs. Of course that is before it decided to throw the rod through the block in a million and one pieces

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
That would ruin anyone's day. Oh well...guess you will have to build it a little tougher than last time...also a good incentive to go bigger displacement as well.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Dong:
Not very reliable.....I can guarantee that. Brian has very similar mods on his 00 VR6 GTi, and I walked him pretty good on the way to dyno day. My car dynoed 213whp, and at the speeds that we ran at my 266lb/ft of torque doesn't really matter or become part of the equation. You are probably between 160-170hp at the wheels.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey now matt. I didn't know you were going to stomp on it, and my reaction time was slow...haha. I know you have a very quick car...quicker than mine...I know...
haha. it was a good time for sure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts