VW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why? i dont get it. not just talking about this month but recent months too. i think the most we had was near 20 i think. we should have that every month. we have great sponsors that are giving away free products to those who enter. its not a popularity contest or who is the best photographer. its just for fun. we have a thread for suggesting themes for the upcoming months as well. usually us moderators pick the themes but even we run out of ideas. please post up themes!
i look at the very bottom of the forum randomly and see who is on. i will see the "regulars" and usually see a few new members as well. why are they(you) not entering? dont know how to post pictures? dont care??? same goes for the voting. why not vote? it takes maybe a minute or 2 to browse the pictures and choose which one or ones you like. anyone have any feedback, concerns, or suggestions about POTM?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I don't take pictures cause until I get the bodywork done and paint I am sort of imbarassed the state in which my vehicle is in I have posted tho. Sometimes like the school theme I just couldn't come up with a idea

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats why you take pictures of the best angle of your car. most of my pictures are of the passenger side cause my driverside fenders are beat up and i have some horrible scratches on the side. oops i let you in on my secret.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I don't find time to do it.

But if I have free time I always take a picture and post.

I'm an active member for almost a year now I believe, and I posted maybe 4-5 times. If I had more time I would do it every month. :K:

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
I try to enter in as many as i can, i have picked up some nice products and made friends with sponsors through the experience as well. Even when I have to dig through my photobucket account to find something that fits the theme i try, you never know.

I have had a note in my sig for a year i think regarding the POTM, i had hoped it would help draw entrants, and i post on FB about it every once in a while.

let's get everyone involved next month!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
As long as I can think of something to fit into the theme, I join. I've used most my winnings to help keep the MK2 on the road, which has come in quite handy!

·
Registered
495 Posts
im just slack. im gonna get in on this more often, cause well i could use free money for parts.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i try to post a pic every month. i never won and i may never win but i have fun with it. ai m not a good photographer and my car is a little beat up but like fubar said if you find the right angle you can idea the bad spots. my windshield is cracked on the passenger side and the crack isnt noticable in any of my pics cuz of the angle. i want to see more entrants. if you dont win you can still have fun with it. you have a chance at free stuff which you cant win if you dont atleast try.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha my windsheild is cracked too.
my point is being proven by this thread. everyone who posted in this thread has entered before. why are no new members or lurkers not posting? i think people use this forum like we are online mechanics. they join, post there question, hope for an answer and are never to be heard from again.

·
Registered
508 Posts
haha my windsheild is cracked too.
Its good to know someone else has a cracked windshield haha. i dont feel so bad about it now.

We should have a month where we take a pic of "damage" onthe dub...haha
i love this idea. this idea has my vote. It would show that our cars aren't perfect.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Yes! I love the "show the crappy parts of your car" Idea. I have quite a few... lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.