VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got ahold of a '69 motor (EN#121-171194) - you'll never believe this but it's never been run and was in original plastic! So I immediatly pulled out my old '69 motor (EN# H-122-2026) and have just found out that the c/c distance between the new engine's exhaust ports are smaller than my original. Does ANYONE out there know why or where I need to go to get advice? This motor was made in Germany along with all the others of '69 (according to the aluminum stamp on the fan housing), but the flywheel is smaller and the distributer was replaced with a nifty dyno so that the engine could be run without using a battery (manually crank the engine to get it going - awesome stuff). Why was the engine set up like that you ask? In order to power a sump pump (that's what was attached to this beautiful untouched '69 motor when I got it from an old industrial warehouse in Sweden last week). So here is what I think I gotta do: Cut my old muffler in half, shorten and then reweld it to fit the new block, replace the smaller flywheel with my original larger one (hope the metal dowels are positioned in the same way) and then quickly make a little spacer to lift my carb up high enough to get over the generator. Anything I'm missing here? Any help for any of my questions is greatly appreciated! /Myles

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
thats wierd. but it sounds like you got everything figured out. good luck. That is so sweet that you got a 1969 engine in original plastic! its amazing! that should run better then my car then!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts