VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the paint Job on my wifes 03 Beatle so much better than on my, 03 TLS Acura? I use the same wax, the same Detailing mist, but the shine and the ability to keep water spots off amazzes Me! It must be the clear coat that is used. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Not sure what it is. When i bought my Jetta Used back in the spring, the paint looked a little dull and with black you see everything. After a couple coats of wax, it's back to a nice shiney mirror -some of the nicks and scratches from those damn stones.

jon

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Do you mean there's a lot less scratches and knicks, or do you mean they did a better job painting it in the first place? I find that VWs tend to have nice paint jobs...

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
the 03 comes with special wax from the factory, its teflon based and they say u never have to wax it a day in your life. Lol and its a vw vs. honda

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I have had people ask me if my jetta was repainted!I say no I just wax the whole car alot!Its not that hard to do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you might want to contact your dealer, but last i heard you arent ever supposed to put wax on an acura!...they have a special clearcoat..infiniti is the same way, thats what i heard when i was going to buy an integra...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
Not sure what it is. When i bought my Jetta Used back in the spring, the paint looked a little dull and with black you see everything. After a couple coats of wax, it's back to a nice shiney mirror -some of the nicks and scratches from those damn stones.

jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've noticed on my car that there are little lines on it that you can see when the sun is hitting it right that look like they might be from brushing snow off the car...I had a white car before this so I never noticed this kind of thing. Will these little lines go away with a real wax and buff?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts