VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have haynes manual(incomplete) in pdf format in the computer,and the bentley golf repair program also in the computer.
wich manual should i buy!?i want to have a book next to me,every time i get my hands on my car!
wich is the best manuali could have!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after i search a litle,i found these.take a peak and tell me about it:
Volkswagen Sport Tuning for Street and Competition: Getting the Best Performance from Your Water-Cooled Volkswagen
by Per Schroeder
Volkswagen Gti, Golf, Jetta: Service Manual: Gasoline, Diesel and Turbo Diesel Including 16V 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992
by Bentley Publishers

Haynes "Max Power" VW Golf: The Definitive Guide to Modifying (Haynes "Max Power")
by Bob Jex

VW Golf Jetta and Scirocco (Haynes Service and Repair Manual Series)

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I ALWAYS use the Bently manual. Anything else is garbage.

For performance, the best one is "The Watercooled VW Performance Handbook" by Greg Raven.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
the best one is the bentley. I have a chilton and it's junk. has all the torque specs i'd ever need. but get the bentley. I'm getting one when income tax time comes.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
I ALWAYS use the Bently manual. Anything else is garbage.

For performance, the best one is "The Watercooled VW Performance Handbook" by Greg Raven.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Truer words have never been spoken!

Per Schroeder's book has some good stuff as well though.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I look at Schroeder's book as a great book for suspension tuning, and how to cheat at class racing.

It's still a good book to have, and there's a copy of it on my shelf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts