VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i was responsibly driving down the beach express way at 125 mph a few hours ago and the first curve came up and i started slowing down (using my gears as well) anyway i by the time i got down to 75 the breaks where making this low pitched moan, or hum if you will, and of course they quit working as well, its just cuz they got hot right? i guess its time for a big break kit!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
hmmm.. i've done 120-135 for a little bit and had to brake all the way down to 50 and never had this. maybe it's just the diffrence between the wear on the pads on my car and yours.
jon

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
They stopped working or just major fade? How long and hard were u on the brakes too? Mabye you glazed the pads if it is still isn't better...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh it works fine now, i had a little bit of a squeek before and its gone now
(they are not very old) anyway, just wondering if anyone else has ever gotten it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
get it checked anyway, i thought my brakes were ay-okay and next thing i know im making slight grinding noise and two days later i needed new discs

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midnight VR6:
so, i was responsibly driving down the beach express way at 125 mph<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hhahahah that's funny. well, I would check the wear of your pads and rotors. careful driving marcus.

·
Registered
146 Posts
seriously, dont drive like that no more once they start making noises. i myself figured.... "still some pad left.... ill just use up what i have left and have fun while im at it..."

barely 2 days later that cost me about 430 bucks

[ January 06, 2004: Message edited by: gooberliberation ]

·
Registered
345 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midnight VR6:
oh it works fine now, i had a little bit of a squeek before and its gone now
(they are not very old) anyway, just wondering if anyone else has ever gotten it!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My car is fairly new..bout 2500miles, and i hear that squeeking sound as well..You think its normal? my brother told me its just glazed...or whatever he said..blah

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
In most dubs the pads tend to stick a bit to the rotors first thing in the morning (sometimes) and make a little noice only once when they get loose. As far as you going 125mph and braking they should still work fine, I went over that speed numerous times and never had that kind of noise or fade that I would actually notice. I'd get it checked out but tell them you were going a bit slower.

Also I hope you were on a HWY at that speed, don't be a fool in thinking this is a Lambo or Fera as even those cars end up in wreckedexotics.com.

I for instance never pass on the right and will almost never let anybody pass me on that side either (I just floor it to piss them off as they are just STUPID). Now I can only do this if my car is better then the moron on the right side of course. LOL

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gooberliberation:
seriously, dont drive like that no more once they start making noises. i myself figured.... "still some pad left.... ill just use up what i have left and have fun while im at it..."

barely 2 days later that cost me about 430 bucks

[ January 06, 2004: Message edited by: gooberliberation ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

most likely you could have just got the rotors shaved instead of getting new ones. break shops tell you to get new rotors because they maKE more than just shaving the existion ones.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
I for instance never pass on the right and will almost never let anybody pass me on that side either (I just floor it to piss them off as they are just STUPID). Now I can only do this if my car is better then the moron on the right side of course. LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha ha i am the same way.... ill have to get some pictures of the foley beach express, you will understand, ive gotta do some digi-camming anyway so you can see erins new lex!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:

I for instance never pass on the right and will almost never let anybody pass me on that side either (I just floor it to piss them off as they are just STUPID). Now I can only do this if my car is better then the moron on the right side of course. LOL
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hope your not one of the A holes that do the speed limit in the left lane and then dont get out of the way when im trying to speed by. they piss me off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
i hope your not one of the A holes that do the speed limit in the left lane and then dont get out of the way when im trying to speed by. they piss me off.
i HATE it when im on the left and jackasses are cruising along at 75 in front of me. im not gonna flash them or anything, ill just move on over to the right and rip it by them.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
The multilane highway is my canvas - I paint whatever path I see fit with little tolerance for people hanging out in the left hand lanes for no apparent reason (ie-not passing anyone). If you aren't passing don't sit in the left hand lanes - it's that simple. Usually when people do this I gun it right past them. I've tried that German thing of putting on the left directional that I heard about on these boards but no one seems to get it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
If you aren't passing don't sit in the left hand lanes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are so right. im suprised that anyone even thinks like that!! especially w/ all the dummies driving around here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts