VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys! I'm so glad VWF Is back up!! Anyway, I'm planning on putting on the Cold Air Intake (I'm between the Carbonio and the Neuspeed by the way
) and I was wondering if it would be a reason for the Dealer to void my guarantee. Have any of you guys had any trouble with this? Thanks!
LONG LIVE VWF!!!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
You really should have any problems with it. What they might not replace is the MAF if that goes bad. They will claim that the oil from the filter made it bad.
jon

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Agreed. You shouldn't have any problems this should not void your warranty. It really depends on each dealer but you should be ok. When in doubt call the dealer and just ask.

P.S. We also mourn the loss of columbia but can you please re-size your signature image? It is a bit too large. See our sizes for pixel reference. Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah and let us know how it works out! God I want one so badly...any prices cheaper than the carbonio site btw?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i agree, confront your dealer but they cant void your warantee unless your new performance part causes the problem, so if your maf goes bad, they have a reason not to fix it but if something else goes bad, dont worry, i want a intake bad too, tell me if you get a good deal. as for neuspeed, i wouldent recomend it, i hear that on dyno you actually loose hp form it because it sucks in hot air. you get about -1 hp. thats just what ive heard.

rich

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I'm definitely more inclined to the Carbonio intake so it'll find it's way into my engine pretty soon. I'll post a pict after I get it.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
hey cmind, check out my post in the showoff of pics of mine carbonio CAI. I just put in on last week. I got mine for 220 shipped off a guy from the vortex. search in the mk4 classifieds(sp?). thats what I did, and found a better deal than 259+shipping. best of luck guys and post your pics then too.

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: silverGTI ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Here's a pic of mine. I hvae yest to take a day shot of it. It's a Freedom Design. It does not go down as far as the carbino(sp) but it's longer then the neuspeed one.

jon

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
oh yeah. I took my neuspeen p-flo off because I heard it messed up your MAF sensor=$400part. Plus I loved the look of the carbonio and the price was not too bad either. works great too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
hey cmind, check out my post in the showoff of pics of mine carbonio CAI. I just put in on last week.
Hey thanks for the pics SilverGti. Man that looks awesome. How long it took you? Did you felt the difference over the P-Flow? Now I'm completely convinced that the Carbonio is the way to go!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
It took like 4 hours from start to finish. But I am an inexperienced "modder" and it was dark out, so I had to use the flashlight, or spot light so I could see. I do feel the difference. I feel it pull when I accelerate, and it looks very nice in the engine bay-plus it is REAL carbon fiber-not corny fake crap.

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: silverGTI ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey don't sweat it. I'm not a good "Modder" either, but i'm up for it. Thanks for the input. I'm gonna work on the euro headlights this weekend and as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna start working on the Intake.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
hey brian, can ya post some pics?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts