VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. I've got a bent rim and am looking to get a set of used ones. I found a set of 18' BBS's that I like, but neither myself, nor the seller are 100% sure that they'll fit my car. It's a stock 04 Jetta GLI with 18's already on it. He should be getting me the serial number on them later tonight, so hopefully I can cross check but i'd like some VW veterans input on the matter as well.

Bonus question if anyone knows. The size of the tires currently on my wheels are 225/40 zr18 92W. Would those fit on the BBS's? I'd really like to avoid dishing out more money for tires if I can.

Here's the link to them.
BBS Wheels 18"x8" 18"x 8" fits 5x112 Audi VW Volkswagen In Great Shape

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
It should say the lug pattern somewhere printed on those bbs the guy is selling. the stock bbs rcs you have are 5x100. If his are 5x100 then they will fit. The tires will also fit too (with very minimal stretch) so youll be fine.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
No they will not fit. Wrong bolt pattern. Offsets are too low to even run adapters. Keep looking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You probably saved me a good chunk of change and if nothing else, 4 hours of driving in -30 degree weather!

I'll keep searching and will be sure to check back here with any other questions. Thanks a lot guys!

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
That's funny cause I had a website wanting to buy my diy videos on youtube. I said no. YouTube emails me once a month wanting to advertise on them. I ain't selling out.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Need to know the bolt pattern and offset. They look like 112. I would say no just how ugly they are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Need to know the bolt pattern and offset. They look like 112. I would say no just how ugly they are.
Yeah I don't disagree, not easy finding rims this time of year within driving distance sadly. I figure ugly rims beat having a bent rim though. In the event I made the purchase, i'd probably powder coat them to make it a bit more tolerable. Still no response from the guy, hopefully I can get the bolt pattern from him.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
They are not horrible. Have you tried vwvortex classifieds? Lots of wheels on there. Plus more Oem wheels that are guaranteed to fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts