VW Forum banner

Window motor & Regulator

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  GLgod 
#1 ·
You can also call a friend of mine at mmi concepts the number is 1610 588-3166

#2 ·
This just happened to me. If your mechanically minded at all you can fix this yourself. First, push the window button and listen for a click. If you hear the click, what has more than likely happened is the worm gear in motor had bound up against the plastic gears. Remove your door panel, the speaker (the grill pops out and there are four screws), unclip all the wiring and you should be looking at a yellow peice of insulator plastic. Carefully remove the plastic and set it aside. Remove all the window track bolts and the motor to door retaining bolts. Reach up into the door cavity and move the tracks back and forth till they let loose of the window. Take the window out and set it aside. maneuver the track assy. out of the door cavity. Take apart the motor and clean the armature and brushes with 600 grit sandpaper. Open up the area where the gears are and reset the plastic gear. Put it all back together. It's not simple, but it's a hell of a lot better than spending the $200.00 the shop wanted. And now my front driver window works like it's turbo-charged
Of course, if you don't hear the click....your screwed

#3 ·
My window motor or regulator in the driver side front door of my 97 Jetta GLS went bad, and now my window won't roll up or down.

I was hoping someone here could help me. Does anyone know:

a.) The part number(s)
and
b.) if the same motor and regulator from another year or model of VW will work with my 97 Jetta.

Any help would REALLY be appreciated.

Thanks

Hizzout

hizzout@attbi.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.