VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just put in a new aftermarket window regulator on my 1997 Jetta GLS, driver's door. The original regulator suffered a broken cable. I bought an aftermarket regulator without motor, since my original motor seemed ok.

I mounted the motor on the regulator and got the regulator installed into the door. But with glass installed in the regulator clamps, the window goes halfway up, then slows and sounds like the motor is getting weaker, and stops. I bump the up button a few times (don't want to burn out the motor) but it won't go further up.

When I test without the window glass in, the regulator travels all the way to the top with no problem at all. The regulator clamps move easily all the way up and all the way down and the motor shows no signs of strain. I put the glass back in, and it's back to only going halfway up. What could the problem be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
maybe you also need to change the motor. just go again for aftermartket window motor to save money. or maybe you try cleaning your motor i hope it works. Check it out i provided my source of motor parts. that is what i use and you might find it useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts