VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK OK OK...

So I installed my new keyless window control from Alientech. See Group Buy section. I get to play with it for about half an hour and decide to go for a drive.

Not even 100 metres from my bro's shop I try to roll the window up, all I hear is FUCKI(BEEEP)NGGG KLONK!!!! VOOOOOOOOOOOOOP my windows is GONE! So I guess the toll increases by 1.

We took it apart to show some dubbers what the hell breaks down while that happens.

I know... always trying to educate you guys...

VW better replaces them with metal ones or I'll flip!

Look at that plastic shit. My brother could not believe how crappy these were.

So much for playing around with my new gadget...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
shit i hope mine doesn't go anytime soon.

thanks for the extra info and pictures thomas!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
You should be lucky they lasted you that long. Both sides of my Jetta & GTI have been replaced with the metal ones. Welcome to the club!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not so lucky, it scratched my tint. But thank God I got lifetime warranty.

Titanium Tint Rocks!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
The ones in my sister's 2000 Beetle lasted until last month...I was shocked!

·
Registered
324 Posts
hmmm, i should get mine fixxed that way it doesnt scratch my tint, too bad they arent broken yet, think they will replace em anyway?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They should fix it for ya.

They replaced the regulator today for me, with the "super kit" as they say on the receipt. LOL

So I played with my new gadget today. LOVE IT!!!

[ June 17, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geo:
whrer did you get the replacemaent parts.
How much did thgey cost.
SORRY to here about your window.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was done under the recall program. So no charge and the dealer fix it.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
It was done under the recall program. So no charge and the dealer fix it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not actually a recall that they have. It's weird, I've heard some dealerships will replace them for you anytime you go in, b ut the one I went to would only replace it for when it broke, which theoretically is what they are supposed to do. They did not recall them, they just extended the warranty on them.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see. Well I guess maybe the fact that my bro knows Leavens VW Service Manager well Rob, they got both done for me.

Much better VW Dealer than Dalmar let me tell you that much. For all you Londoners!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah man that sucks. im gettin scared of mine. it fell in like 2 months after i got the car, and every once and a while now, when i do the automatic up on the pass. side, it comes back down withough me pressin it. like the safety feature. so i know thats a sign of a faulty reg. so i think i should take it in, what do you guys think.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I installed my Alientech-thingy with but one problem. I really didnt understand what the little resistor they were talking about really did till after i installed it and I really couldnt get the rollup feature to work all the time. So once I clipped it off and then reprogrammed option #7 and now it works flawlessly. just thought I would share....
I'm gonna take the door back apart and see if the previous owner changed out to the metal clips or not yet. Never heard of that happenin before.......thanks to VWF for the info!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A real easy way to find that out is to:

Take off the door panel, there you should see 2 (rubber circular plugs about 2.5" in diamter), simply pull them off, and roll up your window either down or up untill you see through the hole the hinges.

Also, I did reprogram option 7 as well.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks for the info TF...I'll be sure to check that this weekend if BORA2021 comes over to do that strut bar (DONT FORGET JON!!!!!LOL).

I've been using the hell out of the Alientech, we've had alot of very hot humid days here already and when I get in after leaving the car vented it doesnt feel all that bad like it used to. Again, good idea on the group buy!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
SOrry to hear about the window. The dealership guys in my area are ass holes. I'm not sure if you guys received a letter saying that your car has been recalled, but the service guys here say if you don't have one they can't fix it for free. Fuck that!! Im pissed off about vw right now. They always tell me that the system is down and can't check to see if my vin # has been recalled. What the hell can of service is that????

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Give me your model, year, engine type.

Never mind. Just read it in other post of yours:

[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
125 Posts
The window regulator for the 99+ models are warrentied for 7 years since 2002, they will only fix it if it breaks you cant just go there and get it replaced

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vdublongisland:
The window regulator for the 99+ models are warrentied for 7 years since 2002, they will only fix it if it breaks you cant just go there and get it replaced
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But if your dealer is cool like mine, they will replace them before they break

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Originally posted by LazrSpeed88: [QB] SOrry to hear about the window. The dealership guys in my area are ass holes. I'm not sure if you guys received a letter saying that your car has been recalled, but the service guys here say if you don't have one they can't fix it for free. Fuck that!! Im pissed off about vw right now. They always tell me that the system is down and can't check to see if my vin # has been recalled. What the hell can of service is that???? [QB]
I would find another dealer. It either sounds like they are just real lazy or just plain stupid. I never had to bring a letter in saying that my car has the "Extended Warrenty".
jon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts