VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following situation is not my own...A girl at work asked me this morning (since I own a VW Jetta) where the window washer fluid resevoir was in the engine bay. She then stated "It's the pink stuff right?" She had already added washer fluid into the coolant resevoir. I didn't think it was that big of a problem because the washer fluid is basically water anyway, right? So then she proceeded to tell me that she filled it " all the way", I said "to the max line right?" Nope all the way to the top of the bubble! That is where my question comes in. Should she drain it or will the radiator just burn off or some how get rid of the unneeded coolant by itself? (A mechanic once told me not to worried about over filling the coolant resevoir, that is why I suggested that idea) It's a 2003 Jetta. Could someone give me advice to give to her? Besides calling her various names insulting her intellect. Thanks

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
What the crap Trish, was it Jess?
It's not a good thing to mix coolant with window washer fluid. She should also know that she was not the first and most likely will not be the last person to perform such a wondrous feat, Jay also has been this smart. My suggestion? Take her vehicle to your repair facility and have them drain and refill the cooling system, don't forget the coolant reservoir too. She should just be thankful she didn't put anti-freeze in the windshield washer reservoir. That stuff really makes a mess of the windshield.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

G

·
0 Posts
the coolent will jell up like if u put gree and drx cool together they jell up you might wanna drain out the resivor soon as possible..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it wasn't jess, and I will tell her as soon as I get done writing this. Thank you both!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts