VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm in a bit of a pickle. My TCM is shot due to water damage. Shocker, I know. But here's the catch. This is post-recall. In other words, I don't believe this is actually VW's fault.

I recently had my windshield replaced (actually about 6 months ago). After bringing my 2002 Passat Wagon 1.8T in to VW for the dead TCM issue, they asked if my windshield had been replaced. I said yes and they said that this was the cause of the TCM crash. The Cowl had evidently been damaged during windshield replacement, according to the VW dealer.

After consulting with my insurance company and their windshield replacement vendor, the glass replacement company said they'd cover all damages if they were at fault. They went down to the dealer and told the dealer that the cowl was damaged prior to the replacement and on top of that, they claim that the cowl does not need to be removed/touched during a windshield replacement.

So, my question to the forum is this. Who is lying to me? No seriously though, two parties (VW service and my private mechanic) both claim that the cowl (and wipers) need to be removed to perform a windshield replacement. The glass company claims otherwise. Can anyone tell me definitively what is true and what is not?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts